New! Freeware Dassault Falcon 20E - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New! Freeware Dassault Falcon 20E

SOH-CM-2020
    Thank you for this Falcon

I'm using it in FSX Steam and it's a beautiful design.

I also had no sounds even though the default Lear 45 is installed.

I tried aliasing the sounds to the Flysimware Lear 35 but no joy.

In the end I copied the Lear 45 sound folder across to the Falcon and that worked.

Again, many thanks for this classic exec jet.

Pete.

I am using the Falcon 50 sounds which work well.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi Rotorhub

1) Have a look on the new panel.cfg [Vcockpit03]
    gauge 10 seems to be also in gauge 00
    gauge00=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 7,7,308,486
    //gauge10=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 451,7,308,486

2) In the soundai.cfg file there are theses lines
    [FLAPS]
    filename=..\sound\xlmflap
    But, in the sound directory, there is an sound.cfg file with an alias.
    So, xlmflap.wav cannot be found by the simulator.

3) In the cabin.xml file (DAF20.CAB) line 5 seems to have a syntaxe error
    P3Dv4 ContentErrors.txt Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): ">;" in: >;
    <Value>(A:PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE, feet) 10000 >;</Value>

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I am using the Falcon 50 sounds which work well.
    Those are the ones I am also using. Works great!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by mpni View Post
    Hi Rotorhub

1) Have a look on the new panel.cfg [Vcockpit03]
    gauge 10 seems to be also in gauge 00
    gauge00=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 7,7,308,486
    //gauge10=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 451,7,308,486

2) In the soundai.cfg file there are theses lines
    [FLAPS]
    filename=..\sound\xlmflap
    But, in the sound directory, there is an sound.cfg file with an alias.
    So, xlmflap.wav cannot be found by the simulator.

3) In the cabin.xml file (DAF20.CAB) line 5 seems to have a syntaxe error
    P3Dv4 ContentErrors.txt Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): ">;" in: >;
    <Value>(A:PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE, feet) 10000 >;</Value>

• The "gauge 10" reference is with intent. It was requested by a user. In stead of the dummy image, you will have two FMC's in the VC. No error, and it is also commented out
    • The variable is not used by an active gauge, so perhaps P3D reads the CAB content. I made two new gauges for cabin pressure, based on code shared in a forum. Nothing to worry about.
    • The Lear Soundset was never intended to be used with this package. That is a completely different engine. However I will remove the alias, or include the original Lear sounds. Try out the Falcon 50 sounds, as suggested by others.

When I use the content error log, many of the default planes report errors. I will investigate the CAB and see if removing the old pressure gauge removes the syntax error.

Rotorhub

Yes, you right. Many of the default planes report errors in the the content error log.

Falcon 20 /P3D/FSX vc glass test

Hi there!

Since my FSX computer is down, could anyone here help me with a quick test? I have compiled a new interior model with some changes in the material settings.

I can mail you the file, and you just back up the original and drop this one in...

Regards
    Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    Hi there!

Since my FSX computer is down, could anyone here help me with a quick test? I have compiled a new interior model with some changes in the material settings.

I can mail you the file, and you just back up the original and drop this one in...

Regards
    Rotorhub
    I'm using FSX with SP2....I'll PM you with my email.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I'm using FSX with SP2....I'll PM you with my email.

Thank you! It is on it's way.
    Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    Thank you! It is on it's way.
    Rotorhub
    Well, so far it looks great using the "white" model. To be sure I should change the glass.dds (that I borrowed) back to glass.bmp and see if it still looks good.

UPDATE: All is good! Looks perfect Are you going to do the same for the other models?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	64498

Well, so far it looks great using the "white" model. To be sure I should change the glass.dds (that I borrowed) back to glass.bmp and see if it still looks good.
    Great to hear!
    The assigned material is the Glass_t.dds that should be present in the texture folder. It should no longer look for the *.bmp.

Thanks again for testing!

UPDATE: All is good! Looks perfect Are you going to do the same for the other models?

I used the SDK receipe for windshield glass on all models (interior model).

Falcon 20E version 1.1 is uploaded

Hi!

A complete version is uploaded to the library. It contains all fixes. Also new working glass for FSX. Default Lear sounds are included to avoid any sound problems. But they are not the best for this type of engines (Turbojet).

Rotorhub

Well I thoroughly enjoyed version 1.0 while it lasted!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Will download and install when it appears on the list!

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Well I thoroughly enjoyed version 1.0 while it lasted!
    Sorry about the rookie mistakes There were no big issues for P3D users. The biggest issue was the black VC for FSX users, that needed new interior models/material.

The panel cfg had some broken references due to a "find and replace" accident:-) There are also two new gauges (Cabin alt and Cabin pressure), and a fix to the Cabin Altitude Warning. Thanks mpni, it was a syntax error.
    The other stuff you is already known to you.

Rotorhub

Fuzzy Paint

Rotorhub,, thank you for this neat airplane. Unfortunately, I'm having the issue of blurry texures. In the texture folder, the thumbnail looks great, but when I call the airplane up in the selection menu, it's blurry, can't read the tail numbers. This is how it appears in FSX-A. I checked in fsx.cfg and max tex is 1024, the gauges are all clear and sharp inside. It's only the outside view. I d/l your V1 + the update you had in the drop box and all textures were .dds. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas..?? I'd like to make this puppy happy... Again thank you for your gift... Terry

You right, no big issues for P3D users.
    But now, everything is perfect with P3Dv4. No mistake.
    Nice work

I'm confused. The thread title says Falcon 20 (as in Dassault Falcon 20 I'm assuming) but a paint request shows images of a Gulfstream
    and an inflight image is of a Falcon 50? I guess I should follow the link to avsim and see exactly what the original poster was referring to.

Okay, sorted it. The Gulfstream is an admitted fictitious paint request. And the Falcon 50 is, well, a Falcon.

First point A to Point B flight with the new download was a success! I did notice the oil temp in the 2D cockpit was always in the red! Other than that, all was good

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	64528

And the Falcon 50 is, well, a Falcon.
    Yeah, and it's a dandy one Frank - as someone who knows his way 'round Dassualt's . .

Oil temp 2D panel

First point A to Point B flight with the new download was a success! I did notice the oil temp in the 2D cockpit was always in the red! Other than that, all was good

I did not make any changes to the Learjet gauges and 2D panel. The learjet probably have a different temp setting. The VC gauge should be correct. Oil temp is set from the Falcon 20 manual that I have. Published values in Celsius are converted to Rankine and inserted into the airfile.
    Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Rotorhub,, thank you for this neat airplane. Unfortunately, I'm having the issue of blurry texures. In the texture folder, the thumbnail looks great, but when I call the airplane up in the selection menu, it's blurry, can't read the tail numbers. This is how it appears in FSX-A. I checked in fsx.cfg and max tex is 1024, the gauges are all clear and sharp inside. It's only the outside view. I d/l your V1 + the update you had in the drop box and all textures were .dds. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas..?? I'd like to make this puppy happy... Again thank you for your gift... Terry
    I you know how to edit your FSX.cfg file, just change "Max Texture Load" setting from 1024 to 2048. The default Falcon 20 textures are 2048 px.
    Hope it works for you! Update the Falcon 20 to version 1.1, to get all the bug fixes.

Rotorhub
    Last edited by rotorhub; November 3rd, 2018 at 15:29. Reason: Additional info

Rotorhub,... Thank you for the heads up. It took a few moments to edit the cfg.. seems the sliders always overwrite the cfg upon loading. Anyway, found the magic spot and the textures show up very well now.. Thank you for a delightful airplane...

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Rotorhub,... Thank you for the heads up. It took a few moments to edit the cfg.. seems the sliders always overwrite the cfg upon loading. Anyway, found the magic spot and the textures show up very well now.. Thank you for a delightful airplane...
    One thing to remember also is that if you make any changes that affect the FSX config file, that 2048 setting will revert back to 1024. As long as you don't do anything to change a setting that is written to the cfg file you're safe, but if you do you'll have to reset that TextureMaxLoad setting back to 2048.

You might want to check out a little utility called Texture_Max_Load_Editor, which sets the correct setting and then maintains that setting no matter what other changes are made to the FSX.cfg file. . .pretty handy.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 1