Curious issue with Manfred C-47 v3.14

Thread: Curious issue with Manfred C-47 v3.14

Curious issue with Manfred C-47 v3.14

I was doing a flight today in V4.3 using Manfred's brilliant C-47 V3.14. I was flying from Montreal to Goose Bay using real world weather via ActiveSky, flying at about 7000 ft and the aircraft starts loosing both speed and altitude until I eventually had to do an emergency landing at some remote airport along the way. It was raining and the outside air temp was about -8C so most likely I was icing up but I had all the anti ice systems on from takeoff and I could find no indication anywhere as to what the reason was. I reloaded the sim, restarted from where I left off and after climbing above the clouds was able to get to my destination without incident.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? If I was icing up is there anyway to check in the sim if that's true?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Did you try carburettor heat at all?

I have also had a gradual loss of power in similar weather flying the MJ C-47.
    I should have been keeping a closer watch of the carb air temp gauge, my bad.
    I turned the carb heat on and descended to a warmer outside temperature and was able to carry on.
    It is important to monitor the carb air temp gauge and keep it above freezing, especially in cloud and precipitation.

I thought the carb heaters were on but to be honest I don’t remember checking it. Mp and RPMs were both maxed out and were I would expect them for my altitude. The way it was flying I thought there was a weight of ice that was just dragging me down. After my emergency landing I checked everything and tried to take off again. Even though I was bouncing along the ground at 80 kn the tail wheel would not come up.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0