Truex Jr. Sucks To Be A Clean Racer....

Thread: Truex Jr. Sucks To Be A Clean Racer....

Lightbulb Truex Jr. Sucks To Be A Clean Racer....

It's awesome when Kyle Busch does it. Or the 3 driver when he wrecked the 10 at Daytona on the last lap. For some reason it's horrible when the 22 does it. And he barely touched him. If I was forced to pick a "favorite driver", it would probably be Truex Jr. Class act all the way. But as Kyle Petty just pointed out, this has been going on in NASCAR for 70 years. I did find it interesting that TV decided to interview Logano on the back stretch for two minutes, and gave Truex 10 minutes on the front stretch. Case closed as far as NBC in concerned.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    It's awesome when Kyle Busch does it. Or the 3 driver when he wrecked the 10 at Daytona on the last lap. For some reason it's horrible when the 22 does it. And he barely touched him. If I was forced to pick a "favorite driver", it would probably be Truex Jr. Class act all the way. But as Kyle Petty just pointed out, this has been going on in NASCAR for 70 years. I did find it interesting that TV decided to interview Logano on the back stretch for two minutes, and gave Truex 10 minutes on the front stretch. Case closed as far as NBC in concerned.
    I want Truex Jr. to win the Championship.
    a) Because I've never had any issues with him.
    b) It will highlight the ridiculous current situation of NASCAR - your top team folds....

Yes, the case is closed - for now, but Logano might (I expect him) get a Kenseth type kick out of the championship from Truex Jr. Especially based on the Truex Jr. post race interview....

Bottom line though is nice guys finish last.
    Truex Jr. could've moved Logano and he didn't, thus he finished behind Logano.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I want Truex Jr. to win the Championship.
    a) Because I've never had any issues with him.
    b) It will highlight the ridiculous current situation of NASCAR - your top team folds....

Yes, the case is closed - for now, but Logano might get a Kenseth type kick out of the championship from Truex Jr.
    The case was closed for NBC, by the way they treated the winner of the race, vs. Truex Jr. I don't think I've ever seen such a thing. Agree that NASCAR has designed the championship this way. This is what they wanted. But last lap moves out of the way for the win are normal stuff in NASCAR. Why is this one such a big deal? What would Truex have done on the last lap, given his situation, had the position of the two cars been reversed? And of the current 8, I am also pulling for the 78 team. But dang, Logano didn't wreck him, he just moved him out of the way. We usually see praise heaped upon the driver that wins by moving somebody and not wrecking him. This is just bizarre.
    HP Reverb G2

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    The case was closed for NBC, by the way they treated the winner of the race, vs. Truex Jr. I don't think I've ever seen such a thing. Agree that NASCAR has designed the championship this way. This is what they wanted. But last lap moves out of the way for the win are normal stuff in NASCAR. Why is this one such a big deal? What would Truex have done on the last lap, given his situation, had the position of the two cars been reversed? And of the current 8, I am also pulling for the 78 team. But dang, Logano didn't wreck him, he just moved him out of the way. We usually see praise heaped upon the driver that wins by moving somebody and not wrecking him. This is just bizarre.
    If you remember, it was also a big deal with Chase vs Denny....
    When nice guys get moved out of the way, there is less praise.....If Kyle Busch was moved out of the way, there would be cheers....

i didnt see the end of the race,but i take it that truex had the lead and lagano moved him?..thing is,,,when dale (sr) moved terry labonte at bristol the world hated him for like 5 minutes,,,,,,but there is that long history in nascar when it comes to moving a guy for the win,,the 24,the 3 the 2 the 11/17 of waltrip..and many more..yes i never got to the big leagues though Donlevey did give the nod to move out east..i blew that myself (dad did really) but i swore even then if dale or waltrip raced me that way,id race em back that way...i was good at it even on the dirt short tracks and medium pavement i ran,i never did it to a guy who hadnt done it to me though.

i guess my point is,i dont believe that the way nascar setup the chase was to have this type of driving,its always been there...does it add to it?..yes i think so..but the chase didnt create it.it wont end until all racing in the US is open wheel..though ive seen it happen there too...was put on my head at placerville because of it...i didnt start it btw...guy who went on into the WOO for awhile did it to get a win...its that style driving that got him out of WOO as well..sammy swindle didnt care for it...yet that p#$%k was good at doin it himself...

I like Martin Truex, Jr., he's an all-around nice guy, but this is NASCAR, not INDYCAR. In NASCAR you need a tough skin and you need to be willing to bump and bang fenders. Truex had the lead, Logano wanted to punch his ticket to Homestead. Logano turned Truex in order to achieve that goal. I will say that NASCAR drivers do not forget and if Truex does not make the final four, Logano should expect another Kenseth treatment at Homestead. What goes around comes around.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    If you remember, it was also a big deal with Chase vs Denny....
    When nice guys get moved out of the way, there is less praise.....If Kyle Busch was moved out of the way, there would be cheers....
    I was just thinking that! Logano needs to be smarter when deciding who to apply the "bumpinrun" to, lol.
    HP Reverb G2

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I will say that NASCAR drivers do not forget and if Truex does not make the final four, Logano should expect another Kenseth treatment at Homestead. What goes around comes around.
    Exactly! (Listen to this interview)
    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ey-logano-win/

Members who have read this thread: 0