The 1st and 2nd Daedalus Bf-109G-6s are posted! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 1st and 2nd Daedalus Bf-109G-6s are posted!

The 2nd Daedalus Bf109G-6 release is posted 5./JG11

Hi all, these are more different versions of the Bf109G-6. Be sure to watch for our next release which will be the Bf109G-6/R6 with 20mm under wing gondola cannon.

Unit: Jever, Summer 1943
    Pilot: Staffelkapitan Lt Heinz Knoke

Unit photos and Knoke's autobiography around this time show drop tanks and W.Gr. 21 rockets were used. The .dp file reflects this.

There is no "standard" Bf 109G-6, as the production run spanned 2 years, it underwent many modifications and updates along the way. So each model we have created has it's own unique features.

Pstrany developed the models using Paul Rebuffat's Messerschmitt model - with permission - as a starting framework and updated the shape, and added a plethora of details, new parts, and ideas. Pstrany also developed the models for the drop tanks, weapons and racks.

Captain Kurt created paints for each, the 2D instrument panel, the individual .dp files, the air files and the aircraft.cfg files.

Mav SCASM edited each model so that they have animated wing slats, drop tanks, and other features, as well as optimizing models for the best possible framerates. Mav also developed the idea for the 2d panel to be offset for the Revi gunsight to match the CFS2 reticle.

We have all benefited from the assistance and guidance of others in the community, Special thanks to Wolfi and Huub Vink for their kind assistance and to all who have contributed their knowledge directly and indirectly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08.jpg  

Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 7./JG53.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 by Design Team Daedalus

Unit: W.Nr.18107 7./JG53, Torazzo, Sicily, June 1943
    Pilot: Uffz. Georg Amon

A photo of this plane shows no drop tank but unit photos around this time show drop tanks were carried. The 7./JG53 was flying some long range missions at this time so it is logical it would have actually used a tank when needed. The .dp file reflects this.

There is no "standard" Bf 109G-6, as the production run spanned 2 years, it underwent many modifications and updates along the way. So each model we have created has it's own unique features.

Pstrany developed the models using Paul Rebuffat's Messerschmitt model - with permission - as a starting framework and updated the shape, and added a plethora of details, new parts, and ideas. Pstrany also developed the models for the drop tanks, weapons and racks.

Captain Kurt created paints for each, the 2D instrument panel, the individual .dp files, the air files and the aircraft.cfg files.

Mav SCASM edited each model so that they have animated wing slats, drop tanks, and other features, as well as optimizing models for the best possible framerates. Mav also developed the idea for the 2d panel to be offset for the Revi gunsight to match the CFS2 reticle.

We have all benefited from the assistance and guidance of others in the community, Special thanks to Wolfi and Huub Vink for their kind assistance and to all who have contributed their knowledge directly and indirectly.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 7./JG53.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 10./JG54.zip

Unit: W.Nr.412605 10./JG54 Sivierskya Russia, winter 1943-44.

Pilot: unknown abandoned and captured by the Soviets.

Unit photos around this time show no drop tanks or ordinance were carried. Because the Luftwaffe fighter units were based so close to the front in the East, they regularly flew without a drop tank. The .dp file reflects this.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 10./JG54.zip

Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 5./JG11.zip

Unit: 5./JG11 Jever, Summer 1943
    Pilot: Staffelkapitan Lt. Heinz Knoke

Unit photos and Knoke's autobiography around this time show drop tanks and W.Gr. 21 rockets were used. The .dp file reflects this.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 5./JG11.zip

Reply...

Team Daedalus,

Again, I love the details of the model, especially the oil stains on the drop tanks...that's a nice little detail touch!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Guys,
    These newest additions are fantastic. However, and I hope I'm not starting to have "senior moments", I can't to seem to find the latest dtd rockets and mounts. Gotta be somewhere, just not putting my finger on them.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Amazing models, absolutely amazing. Thank you to all concerned
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Guys,
    These newest additions are fantastic. However, and I hope I'm not starting to have "senior moments", I can't to seem to find the latest dtd rockets and mounts. Gotta be somewhere, just not putting my finger on them.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    They are part of the Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 5./JG11.zip.

they are in the
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you Sir, that's why I didn't see them, they were right in front of me the whole time.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Superb
    Thanks to everyone involved.
    Cheers
    Stuart

If both vw_190a and dtd_109 weapons are installed
    there is a conflict that prevents free flight from loading. Tracked it down that far using dp files. removed the vw_190a ones and free flight loads with no problem.

The other problem for me is that the wgr21 rockets disappear instead of firing. Drop tanks do drop.

voyager

Thank you Team Daedalus. Love the gunsite in the VC, it's fantastic!

msfossey

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    If both vw_190a and dtd_109 weapons are installed
    there is a conflict that prevents free flight from loading. Tracked it down that far using dp files. removed the vw_190a ones and free flight loads with no problem.

The other problem for me is that the wgr21 rockets disappear instead of firing. Drop tanks do drop.

voyager
    Yeah, I had that problem at some point too. As I recall for me it was a problem with missing dp files. There are two dp files in the ZIP file herewith, put those in your OBJECTS_DP folder and hopefully that will do the trick.

Let me know if that doesn't fix your issue, and I'll get with Captain Kurt and see what else we can come up with.

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks pstrany,

The dps you posted have the same date/time stamp as the ones that had installed from the file included with the planes. I overwrote the others and cleared the CDP and DAT files. Same problem- rockets are in the tubes but just disappear when fired. If it is just me with the problem don't worry about it, it could be some other conflict peculiar with my setup or system.

voyager

Nope, there's an omission in the dp gunstation code. These should fix it. Please test them out.

Attachment 64608 Attachment 64609

They work for me but I want to be sure it's working for you too.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Captain Kurt,

Thank you! They worked for me!

voyager

Awesome, I'm updating the Library downloads now.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

They work like a charm, Capt. Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 1