Plane Design Spitfire XVI - FSX mods..?

Thread: Plane Design Spitfire XVI - FSX mods..?

Plane Design Spitfire XVI - FSX mods..?

Has anyone modified Plane Design Spitfire XVI, designed for FS2004, to work in FSX..?

Thanks..

There's a patch on Flightsim called planedesign-vc-spitfiremk16tofsx.zip.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Does the patch make it work 'well' in FSX...no glitches etc?

I've been thinking of buying this Spit for a while but was a bit unsure as to how compatible it is with FSX.

It will work reasonably well in FSX, but there are a few glitches with the gauges. You can forget about getting it to work in P3Dv4.3 though.

Priller

Thanks.
    By any chance do you know of a patch for the glass and prop textures..?

"The concerned textures are propdisc.bmp, propslow.bmp,vcglass.bmp and vcperspex.bmp"

EDIT: All texture issues resolved.
    Last edited by Seahawk72s; October 28th, 2018 at 15:15.

I bought the PD Spit about 18 months ago for a conversion project on the RealAir IX, and started work on an FSX-native conversion because it's a very good, interesting model with some fine paintwork. I stopped because I couldn't find a paint kit and need it for bump maps and to uprate the artwork to 2048x2048 - any ideas?? Here's what it could look like....

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PDSpit.jpg  
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Dave, I do have a paintkit. I don't remember where it came from and its a very basic one. Most likely it the official Plane Design one. It at least contains all the rivets and panel lines. I will mail it this evening once I'm home.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Thanks.
    By any chance do you know of a patch for the glass and prop textures..?

"The concerned textures are propdisc.bmp, propslow.bmp,vcglass.bmp and vcperspex.bmp"

EDIT: All texture issues resolved.
    How did you resolve the texture issues with the prop and vc glass?

Quote Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
    How did you resolve the texture issues with the prop and vc glass?
    I did a lot of work with the PD Spit; as has been said it's a lovely model as a whole and worth the effort. But I'd have to go back over what precisely I did to get the props to look better - currently the spinning prop is too dark but that should be easy to fix. The external glass texture I took from another model which looked right and renamed it. As to the vc I rigged up the RealAir vc to work with it so can't help on that.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I managed to fix the VC glass texture but still don't have the gauges working in all the models (I know the patch only patches certain models). I do have the RealAir Spit too but definitely cannot rig the VC for the PD to the RealAir unfortunately. But nevertheless I have to it to a mostly 'flyable' standard and still enjoy flying it. The sounds are some of the best I've heard for a Spit in a sim.

Just as an aside - for those that don't know, Ed Walters (Plane Design) is now part of the very successful Spacex team in the US. No doubt he's still using some of his flightsim skills !

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Just as an aside - for those that don't know, Ed Walters (Plane Design) is now part of the very successful Spacex team in the US. No doubt he's still using some of his flightsim skills !
    No, he actually doesn't need to use any of his FS skills for his job at Space-X. What he's doing there is unrelated to anything we did in FS. But he does love his job there and who could blame him?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot1046.jpg   Scrshot1043.jpg  

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Very nice JensOle! I wish my canopy glass looked that good.
    Greenhouse357

Members who have read this thread: 0