Flight Sim Store and FS Global 2018?

Thread: Flight Sim Store and FS Global 2018?

Flight Sim Store and FS Global 2018?

Hello all,

Just got an email supposedly from Stefan Schaefer about transferring my order of FS Global 2018 purchased via FSS. It states something along the lines that they have never gotten paid for their sale of the product and when I clicked my link in my purchases, nothing shows any longer. Now, admittedly, have it downloaded on an external HDD, but I am not certain if the email is a scam or legit, though not seeing it available in my account on FSS webstore, makes me suspect it more legit.

Anyone else get a similar email or know the situation to bring some clarity? They are asking a modest fee (13 EUR) to transfer the license to Sim Market, for which I have no issues doing so, if legit, but I wanted to see if others in the community have either already done so or have additional input.

Thanks in advance.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

That sounds suspicious. . .why charge a customer anything for a product they've already purchased? If they didn't get paid, that's their problem not yours.
    and certainly no reason to charge you anything to transfer a license.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

All good with me. I messaged them last week about the inability to download from flightsimstore, and they answered within minutes saying they would email in about a week. I have no problem with the fee--they never got paid by flightsimstore.

I really appreciate what they've done to fairly resolve an issue solely caused by a vendor.

cheers,
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    That sounds suspicious. . .why charge a customer anything for a product they've already purchased? If they didn't get paid, that's their problem not yours.
    and certainly no reason to charge you anything to transfer a license.
    Totally agree and why I wanted to post here. On the one hand, glad to see this sort of update, but now gives me pause to know what other vendors have issues unknown with other flight sim webstores.

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    All good with me. I messaged them last week about the inability to download from flightsimstore, and they answered within minutes saying they would email in about a week. I have no problem with the fee--they never got paid by flightsimstore.

I really appreciate what they've done to fairly resolve an issue solely caused by a vendor.

cheers,
    steve
    I also do not mind supporting the unpaid developer for their labors of love. Just wanted to see if others had been affected too, so thank you for sharing your similar experience. Helps support their cause and separate me from my monies.

Matt

Stefan is the real deal.FSS has done a runner.
    I bought a throttle quadrant and never received it.
    Rex has not been paid either and same as Virtavia.
    I am hoping to get my money back from Paypal.

Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthin View Post
    Stefan is the real deal.FSS has done a runner.
    I bought a throttle quadrant and never received it.
    Rex has not been paid either and same as Virtavia.
    I am hoping to get my money back from Paypal.

Anthin.
    Wow! So what happens with all the other vendors, to the best of your knowledge? I have bought soooo much over the years from these guys. It would be a quite the task to find the various vendors, show them proof of purchase, only to find out they have not been paid. What a debacle!

Matt

This issue has been ongoing and pretty highly publicised for months now.

Some vendors have come out and been very helpful by offering to honour any purchases made from FSStore, while others have not. There have been a large number of developers that have come out now to state their position on FSStore, and saying that they have not been paid, and that they were pulling their products. It started with JustSim and RFScenery, and now includes Drzewiecki Design, REX, A2A, Milviz......

The first issue I had was that I purchased Precipit FX and received no download link, and no serial number. In fact the download link on my account page led straight to the developers own website. I contacted them, but they refused to help at all with no serial number even though I provided proof of purchase. Fair enough given the situation, but it obviously makes me question how much I want their products, and the answer is "not much".

Companies which have been helpful include Drzewiecki Design, A2A, REX, Majestic, and there are probably more.

Go to FSElite and do a search for "FLIGHTSIM STORE"

https://fselite.net/?s=Flightsim+Store

All this publicity has no doubt been highly detrimental to any chance of the store regaining their previous position, which is a real shame. I was a frequent customer, and they used to be great to deal with. I personally wish Adrian the best of luck and my best wishes as it can't be a good position to be in.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Wow Scott6, I really had no idea. Makes me even more greatful to support the email sent by Stefan. I guess I should start digging through my library and see what items are still relevant and reach out to the appropriate developers.

Thanks all for adding your experiences and hopefully this can be a warning to other members about their accounts with FSS and the potential to see what can still be supported in their FSS library versus what has been removed or dropped.

Matt

yep its legit, i also had the same conversation with him on wed

Hello!

We are working on a solution for this as we speak. You will receive an email on that behalv
    shortly. We estimate within the coming week.

Cheers!

Stefan Schaefer

> Hello with the very poor services and updates almost being non
    > existent from the flight sim store, im requesting my purchase be
    > transfered to an account here if possible , please find the attached
    > order with number from the FFS
    >
    > Regards

The reason I stated that it's not my problem is because Orbx was also one of the companies that pulled out of FSS and started handling all sales "In-House", they transferred all purchases and licenses from FSS to their new In-house operation seamlessly, with no additional charges. They're no small potatoes so if they can do it. . . . . .
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    This issue has been ongoing and pretty highly publicised for months now.

Some vendors have come out and been very helpful by offering to honour any purchases made from FSStore, while others have not. There have been a large number of developers that have come out now to state their position on FSStore, and saying that they have not been paid, and that they were pulling their products. It started with JustSim and RFScenery, and now includes Drzewiecki Design, REX, A2A, Milviz......

The first issue I had was that I purchased Precipit FX and received no download link, and no serial number. In fact the download link on my account page led straight to the developers own website. I contacted them, but they refused to help at all with no serial number even though I provided proof of purchase. Fair enough given the situation, but it obviously makes me question how much I want their products, and the answer is "not much".

Companies which have been helpful include Drzewiecki Design, A2A, REX, Majestic, and there are probably more.

Go to FSElite and do a search for "FLIGHTSIM STORE"

https://fselite.net/?s=Flightsim+Store

All this publicity has no doubt been highly detrimental to any chance of the store regaining their previous position, which is a real shame. I was a frequent customer, and they used to be great to deal with. I personally wish Adrian the best of luck and my best wishes as it can't be a good position to be in.

Cheers,
    everyone predicted this when orbx when live with their own downloads, however not paying developers and supplying paid purchases to customers comes with its own perils, ive had to lodge a few paypal complaints to recover losses.

Carenado and alabeo however will not transfer purchases as they can not verify the FSS orders as they arent responding to their requests

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Carenado and alabeo however will not transfer purchases as they can not verify the FSS orders as they arent responding to their requests
    Team SDB is in the same boat. A lot of inexpensive scenery products and Enterprise sold via FSS but we're not in a position to help anyone with recent orders or downloads due to lack of info.

Members who have read this thread: 0