A shout out to my faithful companion...5000 Hours; Done

Thread: A shout out to my faithful companion...5000 Hours; Done

A shout out to my faithful companion...5000 Hours; Done

A quick shout out to my keyboard that finally died today after what my logs would suggest is a little over 5000 flying hours together - and probably a lot more.

It's been my FSX companion for nearly ten years. Looking after switching views, Inputting FMC Data, Resetting Barometric, deploying Reversers in tight situations, etc, etc, etc.
    I've even used it to fly a few times when the Saitek's been playing up and all else has failed.

It's done its part perfectly but, today it just plain rolled over in the water and died.

Thank you my faithful old keyboard. It was great to fly with you. You are missed.

Blue Skies to you.

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Nothing like a good old keyboard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4318918272_3335a332a9_m.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	64338
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

<< Respectful Moment of Silence >>

Very sorry for your loss (although with 5,000 hours, I'd say you got a pretty good return on investment). You can tell she worked hard for you, since she looks like either a crime scene or a Superfund site!
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post

Nothing like a good old keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    << Respectful Moment of Silence >>

Very sorry for your loss (although with 5,000 hours, I'd say you got a pretty good return on investment). You can tell she worked hard for you, since she looks like either a crime scene or a Superfund site!

Thank you guys.
    She sure did her time. The first key that went was the '-' hyphen key; One realises very quickly that without the hyphen key the internet - as we know it - would simply stop working!!!

Then the 's', 'd', 'f' and 'g' keys went and it was game over.

Posting what I did got me wondering about my total Flight Sim Hours - I did a few rough calculations this morning (whilst flying from Wick down to Southampton - end of a PA-28 ferry flight from Waco Beach to South of England)
    and the total was quite scary. I hesitate to post my findings...but suffice it to say it's about a 1000 times more than my RW hours.
    What that says about me I beg will not be said!
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Wow...5,000 Hours...RIP indeed.

My old keyboard died last week too.....I replaced it with a G.SKILL KM570 RBG (Cherry MX Blue) this morning. I still can't fly worth a damn, at least my keyboard looks bitch'n now with all of those rainbow colored RBG LED lights doing their crazy stuff....

My most awesome keyboard ever was my old Northgate Omnikey Ultra. The thing was built like a tank! I sold it together with my old ZEOS 386SX-20. I flew my first flight simulator on that ZEOS 386SX-20! Nice memories for sure.

I decided to go with the (Cherry MX Blue) keys on this new keyboard as I really do miss the clicking noise that the keys made on those old keyboards. So far I love it! It's like an old friend came home.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Members who have read this thread: 0