Captain Sim 12 hour Sale!

Thread: Captain Sim 12 hour Sale!

Captain Sim 12 hour Sale!

To celebrate 12 years of FSX, any CS product for FSX will be $12

12 hours only 1400-0200Z 23-24OCT 2018.

https://www.captainsim.com

My heart raced seeing this. Then I realized I already have the FSX 727, 707 and 777. And none of these can be made to work in P3Dv4 + looks like they will price the updated (in how many years?) models at e.g., $75. Yikes!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

. . . anybody know if the FSX 757 or 767 will work in 64 bit? Desperately in need of a 757/767 vc to merge with TDS and other models . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    . . . anybody know if the FSX 757 or 767 will work in 64 bit? Desperately in need of a 757/767 vc to merge with TDS and other models . .
    nup, they dont work

It is too bad and shame that Captain Sim has NOT installed new airline type glass cockpit for C-130Js and C-130J Hurricane Hunters for FSX users.

Regards,

Aharon

nup, they dont work
    Useful intell - thanks Jeansy. I also had the JF 757 Freemium vc merged with POSKY/SS 767's which was a good setup, but that panel doesn't work either in 64 bit and also is low priority for JF to update I reckon . .

Useful intell - thanks Jeansy. I also had the JF 757 Freemium vc merged with POSKY/SS 767's which was a good setup, but that panel doesn't work either in 64 bit and also is low priority for JF to update I reckon . .
    qualitywings said a while back they will upgrade the 146 and 757 and will sell them for something like $15USD due to the dated tech, after trying the freemium variant in fsx vs the QW model, wait for the p3d update from QW

I hate these short time limited sales. By the time I remember or get around to looking they are gone.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I almost forgot but managed to remember with just 4 hours to spare. Got the C-130 package, now I need to find those notes on how to install it into P3D4
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

They are showing a version of the 757 Base Pack for "P3D4" but it doesn't seem to be on sale. Priced at $75.70. Too rich for me.
    The 32-bit version for "FSX/SE/P3D3" is on sale at $12 but I also need something to mate up with the TDS models in P3D. Oh well.

2:40 left

Its the same as the C130 base pack, thats still full price.

SOH-CM-2020
    I picked up the Boeing 757 PW & RR.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I hate these short time limited sales. By the time I remember or get around to looking they are gone.

Yeah, 12 hours was pretty ridiculous. I was having a look at the products I didn't have and was interested in before the sale started, but the sale started at 2am and ended at 2pm where I live (Melbourne, AU), so I was asleep and then at work while it was on. I didn't get home from work until 7pm, about 20 minutes ago. Not to worry, I was only really looking at the 737 and 757, and I would prefer to get P3DV4 version of the 737, and TBH for some reason the 757 is my least favourite airliner.

I can't complain too much anyway, as I have picked up multiple CS base packs from previous sales for only 10 Euros each. I think the only aircraft I did pay full price for were the C-130 total package and the B-52, and I've gotta say they were well worth it. I have bought several expansions for the airliners at full price too. I have the 707, 727, 767 and 777. I never bought the L-1011 as I have the Just Flight Pro version.
    Last edited by scotth6; October 24th, 2018 at 04:35.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

They are showing a version of the 757 Base Pack for "P3D4" but it doesn't seem to be on sale. Priced at $75.70. Too rich for me.
    The 32-bit version for "FSX/SE/P3D3" is on sale at $12 but I also need something to mate up with the TDS models in P3D. Oh well.
    Yes, same issue and frustration here.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

2:40 left

Yes, same issue and frustration here.

This sale was for FSX products specifically, I suppose in celebration as they plan on ditching further development for FSX. The 12 hours, $12 etc was in relation to the 12 years FSX has been out.

There is no guarantee, but they do have their annual 24 hour sale where all products are 9.99 Euro, which is on usually at 00:00 11 January (UTC). not sure if they'll do it again, but fingers crossed.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Got the C-130 package, now I need to find those notes on how to install it into P3D4
    One problem

I believe that P3Dv4.3 actually comes with free Captain Sim C-130s

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    One problem

I believe that P3Dv4.3 actually comes with free Captain Sim C-130s

Regards,

Aharon
    It does, but it's only a couple of the models, not all of them.

I have and others too have just copied and pasted the models and paints you like from the FSX Herc into P3D v4 + making the usual adjustments.

Members who have read this thread: 0