HMS Tern (RNAS Voldemort!) - AI Traffic question

Thread: HMS Tern (RNAS Voldemort!) - AI Traffic question

Didn't quite escape.

HMS Tern (RNAS Voldemort!) - AI Traffic question

Hi folks.

It started out as a joke, but I've just discovered that there's actually very little left to do to bring my HMS Tern (The-Scenery-That-Shalt-Not-Be-Named-Or-Thou-Shalt-Be-Classed-As-An-Adult-Site-By-Google-And-Bing) up to a releasable standard.

What I haven't done yet is a SODE file, added clutter/vehicles and tested the taxiway layout for AI use. The latter is the purpose of this post: Are there any WW2 Fleet Air Arm aircraft that people would particularly like to see an AI file developed for? The airfield was a "Fleet Requirements" station, a home for disembarked squadrons and a base for newly formed squadrons to work up before deploying to a carrier. It was also very close to the Scapa Flow Naval Base, so basically, if the RN FAA had it between 1941 and 1949 HMS Tern almost certainly saw it.

I can't guarantee anything, because I don't have every model out there and have exactly zero money to buy new add-ons, but if I can add it, does anyone have anything they'd like to see?

Cheers,

Ian P.

(P.S. It appears that the RN didn't camouflage many, if not most, of their vehicles during the war, unlike the other services. Would anyone object if I used camo vehicles anyway, rather than having to create new Navy Blue variants of them all just for one airfield?)

Scrub did one of his port over job's on the old CFS2 Wildcat into a Martlet, a low resource model that could work quite well, and John Young did a pack of Spit's to compliment the ACG Duxford, Seafire potential there, depending if you want to do any repainting.

I always assumed the RN just used the RAF's cast off's when it came to vehicle's and ground eqip, bit like hand-me-down clothe's from my brothers when i was a kid

Baldy has done lots of aircraft for CFS2 (9 pages) if they could be made to work? Apple cores, sea mossies, Fireflys, sea Venom and lots more. Here

Due to them being CFS2 they would be simpler models ideal for AI.

Thicko also has a Sea Gladiator and Sea Hurricane for CFS2 here.

Jeff Marsh (Padbury) FS9 Roc is Multi-Lod so possibly useful. He has a Skua too, but his site is down and seems to be nowhere. You can find a cfs2 conversion by clicking on my sig.

Corsair, Avenger and a DH89 here

BrunoSK's Fulmar, here.
    Last edited by Desert Rat; October 22nd, 2018 at 10:05.

Didn't quite escape.
    Unfortunately any CFS2 models would need to be run through ModelConverterX, converted to FSX models, then have all the animations and materials redone, to work as AI.

I'm currently looking at repainting John Young's Spit and Hurricane from his BBMF AI pack as Sea variants of both. Over on my site, dhasdell suggested the Dominie from his Duxford set too, which would probably fit very well.

Ian P.

Members who have read this thread: 0