GAS Super Stearman - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GAS Super Stearman

Here's some recent updates on the wings. Ailerons were a little difficult to align since they were mismatched.

Theres panel below the hinge where the rivets are in this pic.

From the cockpit.

Last edited by TuFun; April 7th, 2019 at 22:39. Reason: Add pic

Few items left to do and should be ready this weekend.

Ted, your attention to detail comes to an ultra-fine point!
    enter..the Sandman

Yep, very nice job ! Crg.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]

Been away for awhile, just getting caught up..... Your Progress is Mind-Blowing! I've heard the term Rivet counter...but now the term "Stitch" counter has been created. The Above pictures look like photographs of fabric work. Gorgeous!

Thanks guys! There's a couple options I've seen when it comes to Stearman wing tanks. Instead of stitches, I will change to round bumps. Some Stearmans have exposed tanks and some are covered. On the NASA Stearman I will go with the exposed tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stearman Tank 1.jpg   Stearman Tank 2.jpg  

apparently it's an owner option that involves airworthiness inspections...the FAA wants to inspect the covered tanks every year but only inspect the uncovered 'painted' tanks every other year..so it's cheaper to leave them uncovered.

the aircraft owner then has to decide if the 'authenticity' of a covered tank is worth that extra cost and down time.
    enter..the Sandman

Some turnbuckles and sheet metal stuff...

Uploaded this morning so look for "Stearman US Air Mail".

Thank you, Ted - it looks amazing!
    enter..the Sandman

Thanks! Looks amazing.
    Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Wow ! ..... This mail livery looks absolutely photoreal, Ted ! Thank-you.

(As a side note, ....... I can't wait to see your Howard liveries ! )
    Cheers,
    MZee

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Wow ! ..... This mail livery looks absolutely photoreal, Ted ! Thank-you.

(As a side note, ....... I can't wait to see your Howard liveries ! )
    I'm working on those in 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I'm working on those in 4k.
    Wow ! Going to be nice ! I'd better start practicing my rivet counting ...........
    Cheers,
    MZee

I really like this US Mail texture TuFun, then again I like just about every one you've done! Thank you very much Sir!
    i7 8086K @ 5.2 GHz, CORSAIR H115i Pro Cooler
    GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7, 8GB GeForce GTX 1080
    16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz
    250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO Series M.2, 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO Series M.2, 1TB WD Black HD
    EVGA 650watt SuperNOVA G3 80+ GOLD, Corsair Black Obsidian Series 750D case
    LG WP50NB40 Ext Blu-ray/CD/DVD Rewriter
    Win 10 64bit

Thanks guys! I will catch up with the other two Stearman's right now I'm on a mission to get a few of the Howard's I did up to specs.

If I ever had a wish for free, maybe a repaint of the legendary Stearman from the movie "Capricorn One" may come true?

See you, Manfred.

If I ever had a wish for free, maybe a repaint of the legendary Stearman from the movie "Capricorn One" may come true?
    Or the one from "Tora! Tora! Tora!"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stearman_13.jpg  
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Or the one from "Tora! Tora! Tora!"?
    I'll second this one...
    Don H

Republic Of Gamers ASUS CrossHair VI Hero MB, AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8core, 16thread, 3.7GHz Base, 4.3GHz Max, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 32GB, XLR8 Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 OC DirectX 12, Thermaltake M850W SMART Series PCU, Corsair H100i CC Watercooler, CoolMaster HAF922 case, Win10 Professional 64bit, Saitek Flight Equipment, Oculus RIFT VR, 50" 4K LG TV/Monitor

I'm not even going to ask if you would possibly consider porting this to X-Plane 11. I know all too well how much effort goes into making it just for MSFS based sims. But Jesus thats purdy. My Uncle next to his at the beginning of WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Some turnbuckles and sheet metal stuff...

Hi Ted,

I'll have to check my version of N56059 (below) ........ hopefully the added spec/bump wing details of your 'Mail' livery (above) will be transferrable to it as well ?

Thank-you, for both of these beauties.
    Cheers,
    MZee

The N56059 bird has an all metal fuselage so it will need an update. Same for the NASA bird partial metal fuselage. Soon as I'm finished with the Howard 500, those will be next.

As for those other birds above they are different models, I only have the demo version to work with.

Here's another beautiful paint from SOH library, done by David Robles....

Cheers,
    MZee

Members who have read this thread: 139