Blue Screen of Life?

Thread: Blue Screen of Life?

Blue Screen of Life?

Here's what my Windows 10 computer looks like after it boots. This isn't the blue screen of death. The computer is "running", more or less. The mouse cursor is there, and it responds to mouse movement. But that's all it does, lol. I Googled "Windows 10 blue screen with cursor", and found a couple of alleged solutions, none of which have worked for me. I even threatened to blow away Windows and install Linux. That didn't work either. It thinks I'm bluffing. Little does it know...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Ahhh MS and annoyances. My W10 64 resolutely refuses to allow me to change file associations. I want e.g. .cfg files to open in Notepad automatically without having to do the Open with thing and ticky box to do it as it won't stick. All searches on the interwebs point to the usual easy solutions but that don't work either.

Strangely it does allow me to alter default web browser and programs which alter picture, video and audio files away from the default. It's damnable. No bug deal just a pain in the butt.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0