Plane Design Spitfire or JustFlight Spitfire?

Thread: Plane Design Spitfire or JustFlight Spitfire?

Plane Design Spitfire or JustFlight Spitfire?

https://secure.simmarket.com/plane-d...spitfire.phtml

or

https://www.justflight.com/product/spitfire-download

I always wanted a later bubble canopy Spit for the sim, being a sucker for all Spitfires. Can't have too many Spits! I have A2a, RealAir and Sky Unlimited MkV (the latter I do not use because I find the VC unconvincing). I have found these two payware options. Both look good, but both are still quite expensive. For me, the VC quality is the most important feature of any model, from the screenshots available the PD offering seems ahead however.

My question: Does anybody either or both and can give me some insight into their respective strengths and weaknesses? Is there a Spit I have missed?

Cheers,
    Sascha

I have both and both are dear to me. From the JustFlight/Aeroplane Heaven set I mainly fly the early version. When I was looking for a bubble top only the Plane Design Spitfire would definitely be the one for me.

The Plane Design looks better is more a challenge to fly. The JF/AH set is nice because its a set and contains the complete Spitfire history. The set is, at least in my opinion, showing its age.

Cheers,
    Huub

I have all of the Spitfires you mentioned. Have not flown the Plane Design one in a while, so I will have to have another look at it, maybe fly it tomorrow.

The cool thing about the Just Flight set is that you can fly any mark you prefer. And they even added a float plane version to their set when they upgraded the set to FSX. I actually helped them re-program the floats so they would work correctly, shortly after the float plane model became available. (Still have a mention on their web page which is cool!)

I also have the A2A Spitfire with Accusim, and both the RealAir Spitfires. I have done comparison flight testing with a lot of the spitfires in my hangar, and I keep coming back to the RealAir Mk IX as my favorite. My current favorite is the RealAir Mk IX but repainted as a Mk XI PR version (PL965 from North Weald, UK). I have also adjusted the fuel capacity so it is the same as the Mk XI PR version. (Leading edge wing tanks).

I plan to fly it around the world in the near future. :-)

Enjoy whichever one you fly, spitfires are AWESOME!

Best regards,
    Melo

Thanks for your replies! It looks like I should go for the Plane Design XIV, as I am mainly looking for a bubble top!

Cheers,
    Sascha

I think you already made your choice, and I think you won't regret it.

Here some screenies of the VCs

The Plane Design civilised version

The plane Design military version

and the Aeroplane Heaven version

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub, great, these are very helpful! I didn't know the JF Spit was an Aeroplane Heaven creation, either.

Members who have read this thread: 0