hunterr's problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hunterr's problem

hunterr's problem

OK I have spent 2 hours on teamviewer and talking to hunter on trying to fix his CFS3 install.
    He is operating Win 10 64 bit \
    We have put this install on the main D drive and XP SP3 and admin
    deleted appdaat and reconfigured
    Removed ankors shaders but not the effects fx texures as he didn't have a back up
    Now we tried to set at 1920 x 1080 and both level 5 and level 2 for details
    Although hunter (Giacomo) says the install worked fine before he installed Ankors, now without Ankors, it CTD on/after 2nd splash screen or only works at 800 x 600.
    He has a Firepower install which works fine at 1920 x 1080.

I should say that he has MAW, PTO, and also BoB all in the one install since he doesn't have space for separate installs { 100's other flight sims! }

I am at a loss at the moment and I know what I would do; reinstall but would be a pain with so many installs rolled into one.

Any ideas? David through to Andy, or the other way around! He would let you on teamviewer if you know what you're doing; which is probably more than I do!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    OK I have spent 2 hours on teamviewer and talking to hunter on trying to fix his CFS3 install.
    He is operating Win 10 64 bit \
    We have put this install on the main D drive and XP SP3 and admin
    deleted appdaat and reconfigured
    Removed ankors shaders but not the effects fx texures as he didn't have a back up
    Now we tried to set at 1920 x 1080 and both level 5 and level 2 for details
    Although hunter (Giacomo) says the install worked fine before he installed Ankors, now without Ankors, it CTD on/after 2nd splash screen or only works at 800 x 600.
    He has a Firepower install which works fine at 1920 x 1080.

I should say that he has MAW, PTO, and also BoB all in the one install since he doesn't have space for separate installs { 100's other flight sims! }

I am at a loss at the moment and I know what I would do; reinstall but would be a pain with so many installs rolled into one.

Any ideas? David through to Andy, or the other way around! He would let you on teamviewer if you know what you're doing; which is probably more than I do!
    Thank you , Mongoose for explain the problem in a good english , but i havn't install maw , pto and bob in one install . This is only a heavy modified cfs3 folder , where i have add many planes , Windingman 4.7 seasons , and nek .

my 2c just relating to the first game loading when Ankors applied: from my own experience it may take a pretty long time even for a clean game. and I remember I was scarried to death when Ive applied it on a bit enhanced airplane file content. it seamed like it freezed, but on the second look the PC hdd control light seamed it still works and loads something. it took ages, but succes then fortunatelly.

in another words it wouldnt be any bigger wonder if it would crash on a heavy modified cfs3 content.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    my 2c just relating to the first game loading when Ankors applied: from my own experience it may take a pretty long time even for a clean game. and I remember I was scarried to death when Ive applied it on a bit enhanced airplane file content. it seamed like it freezed, but on the second look the PC hdd control light seamed it still works and loads something. it took ages, but succes then fortunatelly.

in another words it wouldnt be any bigger wonder if it would crash on a heavy modified cfs3 content.
    Thank you for your help , Borek , but my cfs3 folder is only 14,2 Gbytes

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    This is why i will only try the shaders on a clean install. Don't want to risk it. Will give it a go when i have nothing else to do. Really busy testing and playing my sims right now to bother with it anymore. Crashes every time with me so far. Wish the was a guide for dummies like me ! Sorry for your troubles Hunter. CFS3 looks ok by me for now and i have other sims if i want more eye candy. It is what it is. Maybe in time will try installing again. Remember to always back up before modding any sim. Have a external SSD just for this. They are not too expensive and can save a lot of heartache. Regards,Scott

I am not too sure that one can blame the shaders for all the problems If installed correctly. I am making a readme for dummies on this and for basic Ankor's Shaders one only has to install 3 things
    Shaders 30 Folder
    d3d8.ddl
    d3d8,ini

other things do not HAVE to be installed but make it better for some. I didn't install the effects and sun since they created issues for me. but work for others. In any case back up anything being replaced!

Now since I misunderstood hunter and he did not add all these installs into one, the best suggestion in my mind would be to do another clean install up to 3.1a (keep the old one as a backup temporarily). Check it.
    If OK add the 3 Ankor things. Check it.
    If OK, add back all the aircraft etc but not Winging Mans weather. Check it.
    If OK, add the weather and check again.

Blog Entries
    Thank you mongoose for the readme.

I am not too sure that one can blame the shaders for all the problems If installed correctly. I am making a readme for dummies on this and for basic Ankor's Shaders one only has to install 3 things
    Shaders 30 Folder
    d3d8.ddl
    d3d8,ini

other things do not HAVE to be installed but make it better for some. I didn't install the effects and sun since they created issues for me. but work for others. In any case back up anything being replaced!

Now since I misunderstood hunter and he did not add all these installs into one, the best suggestion in my mind would be to do another clean install up to 3.1a (keep the old one as a backup temporarily). Check it.
    If OK add the 3 Ankor things. Check it.
    If OK, add back all the aircraft etc but not Winging Mans weather. Check it.
    If OK, add the weather and check again.
    Thank you for suggestion , Mongoose
    I have reinstall cfs3 , add patch and run fine . Add ankors shaders whitout effect folder and..... CTD .

I assume you added the 2 d3d8 files?

If you then removed the 3 ankor files, did it work again?

Blog Entries
    Ran dxdiag and am running DX 11. Could this be my problem ? If so, how do i fix this ?

I assume you added the 2 d3d8 files?

If you then removed the 3 ankor files, did it work again?
    Yes , it's work if i remove the ankors files . The old folder now have this error : mission file failed to load .......there are some fix for this error ?

hunter, please, don't PM me. I really have no idea how to help.
    Can you tell me what CPU do you have? I guess it is an old one, but which exactly?
    It is unlikely to matter, but I just want to check.

sixstrings5859, dxdiag shows the latest available DirectX version. Different versions (9, 11, 12) can co-exist without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AnKor View Post
    hunter, please, don't PM me. I really have no idea how to help.
    Can you tell me what CPU do you have? I guess it is an old one, but which exactly?
    It is unlikely to matter, but I just want to check.

sixstrings5859, dxdiag shows the latest available DirectX version. Different versions (9, 11, 12) can co-exist without a problem.
    Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.40Mhz .

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    Yes , it's work if i remove the ankors files . The old folder now have this error : mission file failed to load .......there are some fix for this error ?

Do you know which missions? Most likely all the mission needs is not in the install. Remove the offending mission somewhere and see what happens.

Do you know which missions? Most likely all the mission needs is not in the install. Remove the offending mission somewhere and see what happens.
    All missions and quick combat
    Check your PM

Sorry! Busy today house remodeling.

Back to my original suggestion

If OK add the 3 Ankor things. Check it. Did it work here? If no did it work after removing Ankor's?
    If OK, add back all the aircraft etc but not Winging Mans weather. Check it. If so, did it work here? If no did it work after removing Ankor's?
    If OK, add the weather and check again. If so did it not work here and also had mission issue after removing Ankors?

END

So It's good to know at exactly which stage you had the issue. I also assume you added missions at some stage and not just whatever were there in the basic 3.1a install? At which stage did you do that?
    Also when the mission(s) failed to load, did you try deleting the Appdata folder and re run cfg.exe? Always the first thing to try.

Sorry! Busy today house remodeling.

Back to my original suggestion

If OK add the 3 Ankor things. Check it. Did it work here? If no did it work after removing Ankor's?
    If OK, add back all the aircraft etc but not Winging Mans weather. Check it. If so, did it work here? If no did it work after removing Ankor's?
    If OK, add the weather and check again. If so did it not work here and also had mission issue after removing Ankors?

END

So It's good to know at exactly which stage you had the issue. I also assume you added missions at some stage and not just whatever were there in the basic 3.1a install? At which stage did you do that?
    Also when the mission(s) failed to load, did you try deleting the Appdata folder and re run cfg.exe? Always the first thing to try.
    Hi, Mongoose , i have follow your suggestion and i have reinstall a clean install up to 3.1a and keep a backup . The new install NOT work whit Ankor shaders how you suggest . If i remove the ankor shaders it work like new.
    The OLD cfs3 folder whitout Ankor shaders , now give me this error : mission failed to load , ever , quick combat not work for same error. No more CTD when loading the game.
    In the NEW cfs3 folder if i copy and paste the mission folder from old cfs3 folder to new give me error : mission failed to load.
    In the NEW install of CFS3 , i have NOT install winding man 4.7 seasons again.

There is not clear to me which place you install or / reinstall the alternative CFS3 game or whatelse we should call it.

The point is when simply clone or move some CFS3 game copy, it always will look same main settings.
    So, if you run one copy with different content sucessfully, the next another, when start will look for latest loaded settings from the previously played game. Mission error or freeze can then easy happen.

If your AppData contents only one CFS3 folder, then such problems make a sure sence.
    But that is not all, even in case each CFS3 is installed wisely, you have to be sure which one to patch with AnkorS shaders. And always check if you run all things in administrator mode.

Always re-run cfs3config after installing Ankors shaders! And run this one as admin too.

What I usually do is: create shortcuts for CFS3.exe and CFS3config.exe on my desktop. Right-cklick on them, open properties and change both of them to "Win XP SP3" and "run as admin"

Also be sure to delete a file called "uisel.xml" in your appdata-folder. The path is usually called something like

"C:\Users\"YourUsernameHere"\AppData\Roaming\Micro soft\combatflightsimulator3"

you need to set "show hidden files" in the folder properties to find this directory.

Another try would be a file called "multicfs3.exe" (found in your ETO install, i think). Copy this in your CFS3 main directory, run it as admin (and compatibility-settings to winXP SP3!). Now change the "current user folder name" to something else. The path to your appdata-folder would then change accordingly.

Hope it helps somehow.

Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    Always re-run cfs3config after installing Ankors shaders! And run this one as admin too.

What I usually do is: create shortcuts for CFS3.exe and CFS3config.exe on my desktop. Right-cklick on them, open properties and change both of them to "Win XP SP3" and "run as admin"

Also be sure to delete a file called "uisel.xml" in your appdata-folder. The path is usually called something like

"C:\Users\"YourUsernameHere"\AppData\Roaming\Micro soft\combatflightsimulator3"

you need to set "show hidden files" in the folder properties to find this directory.

Another try would be a file called "multicfs3.exe" (found in your ETO install, i think). Copy this in your CFS3 main directory, run it as admin (and compatibility-settings to winXP SP3!). Now change the "current user folder name" to something else. The path to your appdata-folder would then change accordingly.

Hope it helps somehow.

Ciao
    Italflyer , wait you online at 20.30 whit your teamviewer software ready to control my pc , and you check my ankor shaders

Hi, Mongoose , i have follow your suggestion and i have reinstall a clean install up to 3.1a and keep a backup . The new install NOT work whit Ankor shaders how you suggest . If i remove the ankor shaders it work like new.
    The OLD cfs3 folder whitout Ankor shaders , now give me this error : mission failed to load , ever , quick combat not work for same error. No more CTD when loading the game.
    In the NEW cfs3 folder if i copy and paste the mission folder from old cfs3 folder to new give me error : mission failed to load.
    In the NEW install of CFS3 , i have NOT install winding man 4.7 seasons again. END

So you mean your other install which you said worked really well is now the one which gives you the missions errors? Even after you deleted appdata and re ran cfg?

But your new install is working fine without Ankor's Shaders but CTD with it?

I am spray painting doors and other stuff today so just have to do here unless Italflyer solves your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    Italflyer , wait you online at 20.30 whit your teamviewer software ready to control my pc , and you check my ankor shaders
    Ciao Hunter

Sorry, can't help you there. Never worked with team viewer, nor do I have time tonight.

Did you try to delete the uisel.xml as I suggested?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    Ciao Hunter

Sorry, can't help you there. Never worked with team viewer, nor do I have time tonight.

Did you try to delete the uisel.xml as I suggested?

Cheers
    hunter has deleted his whole ApData file every time he CTD! It would be nice if some of the computer/software experts here stepped in with ideas!

SOH-CM-2020
    It is very hard to diagnose without more information. Screen shots showing the contents of the AppData folder, and folder contents of the problematic install (from within Windows Explorer) help clarify things.

I agree when "mission file fails to load" the problem is usually the uisel.xml - NOT the one in the root install, the one in the Application Data pathway.

Multicfs3.exe is a first step to make sure something isn't fundamentally wrong with the install. It allows you to differently name the second and third etc installs so that there are the proper folders in the AppData pathway. You can find multicfs3 in ETO apparently. You can also find it included in both my uploads - MAW 1943, and the complete refresh for stock CFS3. Whenever a new install is created multicfs3 has to be run.

But assuming the new install is set up correctly and patched to 3.1a, get rid of the uisel and let CFS3 rebuild it if you get "mission file fails to load" message. (Sometimes I can go beyond the error message, by selecting something else, a mission or campaign, and then flying, despite all the flashing error messages. The next time, the UI interface works using the information captured in the flight).

Members who have read this thread: 0