hunterr's problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hunterr's problem

Isn't that the same message that appears when you have moved/deleted the airplane you had been flying and the game can't find it?

Answers in red

It is very hard to diagnose without more information. Screen shots showing the contents of the AppData folder, and folder contents of the problematic install (from within Windows Explorer) help clarify things.

I agree when "mission file fails to load" the problem is usually the uisel.xml - NOT the one in the root install, the one in the Application Data pathway.

Deleting the AppData folder also dletes the uisel file, so he has done that, and so have I on his teamspeak.

Multicfs3.exe is a first step to make sure something isn't fundamentally wrong with the install. It allows you to differently name the second and third etc installs so that there are the proper folders in the AppData pathway. You can find multicfs3 in ETO apparently. You can also find it included in both my uploads - MAW 1943, and the complete refresh for stock CFS3. Whenever a new install is created multicfs3 has to be run.

He runs 2 installs only; both have different names through Multicfs3.exe

But assuming the new install is set up correctly and patched to 3.1a, get rid of the uisel and let CFS3 rebuild it if you get "mission file fails to load" message. (Sometimes I can go beyond the error message, by selecting something else, a mission or campaign, and then flying, despite all the flashing error messages. The next time, the UI interface works using the information captured in the flight).

I have not been on his PC with teamspeak to examine the mission fails to laod issue. (Too busy house remodeling this wk end). He has JGSE on his PC and a ton of other sims so I think he's not totally a novice. I have np idea why Ankor's is causing him a problem though withoout digging deep into his PC set up' and I know less than many; just about manage my own!!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

So then, just to clarify:

did you run cfs3config.exe AFTER aplying Ankor's shaders again?

Don't close the config.exe by the little cross in the upper right corner, but under the menu "File", then "exit".

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Answers in red

It is very hard to diagnose without more information. Screen shots showing the contents of the AppData folder, and folder contents of the problematic install (from within Windows Explorer) help clarify things.

I agree when "mission file fails to load" the problem is usually the uisel.xml - NOT the one in the root install, the one in the Application Data pathway.

Deleting the AppData folder also dletes the uisel file, so he has done that, and so have I on his teamspeak.

Multicfs3.exe is a first step to make sure something isn't fundamentally wrong with the install. It allows you to differently name the second and third etc installs so that there are the proper folders in the AppData pathway. You can find multicfs3 in ETO apparently. You can also find it included in both my uploads - MAW 1943, and the complete refresh for stock CFS3. Whenever a new install is created multicfs3 has to be run.

He runs 2 installs only; both have different names through Multicfs3.exe

But assuming the new install is set up correctly and patched to 3.1a, get rid of the uisel and let CFS3 rebuild it if you get "mission file fails to load" message. (Sometimes I can go beyond the error message, by selecting something else, a mission or campaign, and then flying, despite all the flashing error messages. The next time, the UI interface works using the information captured in the flight).

I have not been on his PC with teamspeak to examine the mission fails to laod issue. (Too busy house remodeling this wk end). He has JGSE on his PC and a ton of other sims so I think he's not totally a novice. I have np idea why Ankor's is causing him a problem though withoout digging deep into his PC set up' and I know less than many; just about manage my own!!
    Hi , Mongoose Isn't teamspeak , is teamviewer .

Check EVER your pm , Mongoose , thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    Check EVER your pm , Mongoose , thank you
    Thank you , Mongoose

Members who have read this thread: 0