F1 2018 (the game...)

Thread: F1 2018 (the game...)

F1 2018 (the game...)

How about it, gentlemen ??...

Actually i couldn't find any comments about it here. I just saw a demo about it on TV (Ziggo Racing) and got interested because initially i thought i was looking at the real thing..

So what's the verdict, gents ? Better stick with AC ??.... ( i noticed the F1 2018 cars in AC on some of Ferry's excellent screenies.. )

Thanks for any comment !

Cheers,
    jan

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Wouldn't know Jan, I have some earlier games in the series (The last was 2014 I believe) but never really got along with those titles. Maybe things have improved by now..?
    That commercial does look good!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The last one I bothered trying was around 4 versions ago, and only because it came with a few older cars.
    I just couldn't get along with the career mode and generally disliked the feel of the package.
    Honestly, I've gone right off F1, so I won't bother with the latest version.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks, guys. Bit of the same here. I tried one of the earlier versions too. It looked quite impressive but i didn't like the mumbo jumbo next to the actual driving. You know 'crew' interacting, 'interviews' and such things. I'd say stay with racing the cars and leave other stuff to the players' imagination. No matter how far they've come with AI people ( in F1 2018 they have Räikkönen, Hamilton and Ricciardo up on the winner podium squirting champagne at eachother... ) it remains to look artificial (of course..). Not adding to the immersion at all (IMHO). I suppose young kids may like it.

Still, only 32 euro at Steam i might pick it up anyway. ( the cars and scenery do look amazing)

Thanks for the comments !

cheers,
    jan

Thanks, guys. Bit of the same here. I tried one of the earlier versions too. It looked quite impressive but i didn't like the mumbo jumbo next to the actual driving. You know 'crew' interacting, 'interviews' and such things. I'd say stay with racing the cars and leave other stuff to the players' imagination. No matter how far they've come with AI people ( in F1 2018 they have Räikkönen, Hamilton and Ricciardo up on the winner podium squirting champagne at eachother... ) it remains to look artificial (of course..). Not adding to the immersion at all (IMHO). I suppose young kids may like it.

Still, only 32 euro at Steam i might pick it up anyway. ( the cars and scenery do look amazing)

Thanks for the comments !

cheers,
    jan

I tried it as well, looks to be made more for consoles than PC's, I'd go with PCars 2 or rFactor 2, maybe Assetto Corsa, personally I like rFactor 1

Thank you, jymp ! I didn't know about rFactor 2 nore PCars 2. While checking some reviews i stumbled over Automobilista and Raceroom Racing Experience too. Didn't know about those neither !

I have always enjoyed rFactor very much as well as Pcars so i'm looking forward to find out what the follow-ups will be like.

So thanks very much again, a lot of catching up for me to do !

cheers,
    Jan

Members who have read this thread: 0