Yashico N1K1JaA and N1K1JaB revised by UncleTgt!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yashico N1K1JaA and N1K1JaB revised by UncleTgt!

Icon22 Yashico N1K1JaA and N1K1JaB revised by UncleTgt!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Yashico legacy

Description: Yashico Kawanishi N1K1JaA George by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Yashico's Kawanishi N1K1JaA Shiden for CFS 2. Due to the complex nature of the revision this is uploaded as a complete aircraft, but the design credits are Yashico's.

His original model has been recoloured & shined. The glass material is clearer, & the navigation lights given a shine & transparency. A new airfile has been developed, & the dp file also has been developed with more visible damage effects, & depending on the version, uses Allen's multi-LOD IJN bombs. The dp armament for this version reflects the earlier version of the N1K1Ja George, with guns & drop tanks only.

The 2D panel is originally by Shina, has been made WIN 7+ friendly, & the VC panel resolution has been improved.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects.

The textures offered are: 201ku, Philippines, OCT'44.

341ku, Philippines, OCT'44.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Yashico for a great aircraft. Although several years old, his models really do seem incredibly well crafted.

Shina for an excellent 2D Panel bitmap, that just needed re-sizing & tweaking for WIN 7+ systems.

Allen for his multi-LOD Japanese bombs.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Shessi for the steer on the best material colours & properties for clearer cockpit glass for CFS2.

Kelticheart for his exhaust effects, & inspiration for the propeller bitmaps.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Yashico N1K1JaA revised UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

... & a view of the 201ku repaint ...

The zip includes a new bitmap. There is a minor mapping issue, that means the pilots left hand is untextured. This is because the model calls for a different texture bitmap name for that part.

Yashico is usually very consistent with his texture mapping, & TBH unless you spend time looking around the VC view you aren't going to notice it at all.

Nontheless I was able to create a texture bitmap with the correct name so the left glove is now textured...

Very nice Uncle. Whose pilot did you use?

Thank you UncleTgt, great work. Appreciate your time reworking these A/C; it really brings new life to these older models.

msfossey

Great work Uncle. Such attention to detail! Thanks.

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Many thanks for all of your hard work on this!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thought you were up to something - you've been too quiet -- great work

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Thanks for this. It's a great addition to the CFS2 IJN squadron.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Very nice Uncle. Whose pilot did you use?
    Just a repaint of Yashico's pilot modelled within the aircraft.

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much UT
    Beepee

Nice work UT...this guy was just a little too slow on that 'split S' move

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Yashico N1K1JaB revised UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Yashico legacy

Description: Yashico Kawanishi N1K1JB George by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Yashico's Kawanishi N1K1JB Shiden for CFS 2. Due to the complex nature of the revision this is uploaded as a complete aircraft, but the design credits are Yashico's.

His original model has been recoloured & shined. The glass material is clearer, & the navigation lights given a shine & transparency. A new airfile has been developed, & the dp file also has been developed with more visible damage effects, & depending on the version, uses Allen's multi-LOD IJN bombs. The dp armament for this version depicts the later model equipped to carry bombs as well as drop tank & uses Allens IJN bombs.

The 2D panel is originally by Shina, has been made WIN 7+ friendly, & the VC panel resolution has been improved.

The textures offered are: Yatabe ku, Japanese Home Islands, FEB'45.

Tsukuba ku, Japanese Home Islands, MAR'45.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Yashico for a great aircraft. Although several year's old, his models really do seem incredibly well crafted.

Shina for an excellent 2D Panel bitmap, that just needed re-sizing & tweaking for WIN 7+ systems.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Shessi for the steer on the best material colours & properties for clearer cockpit glass for CFS2.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Yashico N1K1JaB revised UT.zip

Yashico N1K1J B revised UT.zip

Description: Yashico Kawanishi N1K1JB George by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Yashico's Kawanishi N1K1JB Shiden for CFS 2. Due to the complex nature of the revision this is uploaded as a complete aircraft, but the design credits are Yashico's.

His original model has been recoloured & shined. The glass material is clearer, & the navigation lights given a shine & transparency. A new airfile has been developed, & the dp file also has been developed with more visible damage effects, & depending on the version, uses Allen's multi-LOD IJN bombs. The dp armament for this version uses Allens IJN bombs.

The textures offered are: Yatabe ku, Japanese Home Islands, FEB'45.

Genzan ku, Korea, APR'45.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Yashico for a great aircraft. Although several year's old, his models really do seem incredibly well crafted.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Yashico N1K1J B revised UT.zip

Icon22 Reply...

John,

Once again, the quality of your work is outstanding. Thank you!
    "Rami"

Even more goodies. Thanks UncleTgt.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Looking good Unc, Looking good.
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Thank you UncleTgt!
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Blog Entries
    Thank you UncleTgt for you work

Beepee!

Yashico N1K1J revised UT.zip

Description: Yashico Kawanishi N1K1J George by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Yashico's Kawanishi N1K1J Shiden for CFS2. Due to the complex nature of the revision this is uploaded as a complete aircraft, but the design credits are Yashico's.

His original model has been recoloured & shined. The glass material is clearer, & the navigation lights given a shine & transparency. A new airfile has been developed, & the dp file also has been developed with more visible damage effects, & depending on the version, uses Allen's multi-LOD IJN bombs. The .dp armament for this version depicts the very early model equipped only to use a drop tank.

The textures offered are: 210 ku, Philippines, OCT'44.

Prototype, Japanese Home Islands, OCT'43.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

Shina for an excellent 2D Panel bitmap, that just needed re-sizing & tweaking for WIN 7+ systems

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & .mdl size changes possible in WIN7+

UncleTgt,

NOV 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Yashico N1K1J revised UT.zip

Icon14 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Thank you for all of your work, it's yet another great example of a Yashico-UncleTgt production!
    "Rami"

One of the last exchanges with Kelticheart was him requesting that I carve out some time to do Yashico's work some justice, including revising the prop blurs in the "Kelti" style...

so the work continues...

The early Shiden also ships with a camo skin of 210ku Philippines, circa October '44.

That looks amazing UncleTgt! It's a great way to honor Kelticheart as well. His work lives on.

Many thanks,
    msfossey

Members who have read this thread: 1