Yashico N1K1JaA and N1K1JaB revised by UncleTgt! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yashico N1K1JaA and N1K1JaB revised by UncleTgt!

Uncle I've got a problem!

I've hit a bit of a snag. So far I've only installed the N1K1J. The new panel is a beaut, but a real frame killer for me. I tried reducing the bmp window size from 1600x1200 because Win7 has a history of CTD and other bad reactions. No joy. So, since I've had Yashico's originals installed for some time, and using the stock N1K2 2d panel, I gave that a try. Problem solved. Just changing out the new 2d panel did the trick. I hate it, cause this new panel really is a big improvement. Otherwise the J works fine. Flies great. Handles very nice and looks super. Don't know if this is just me or not. It may be me cause I'm a line jinx. What ever line I get in the machinery breaks down.

Hi Worthless,

Sorry to hear you are having FR issues. I just re-sized Shina's 2D panel so the newer OS can use it. WIN 7+ hates those half size panels (1024 x 798), & Shina's panels are unusual in that they use 2 bitmaps to render the dial overlay.

I guess it could be your graphics card is struggling to downsample the 1600 x 1200 bitmap to something less than 1024 pixels, which the sims max rendering setting. Or a bad gauge?

All the revised N1Ks were uploaded with the same Shina panel, so I'm surprised no-one else has reported issues.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Hi Worthless,

Sorry to hear you are having FR issues. I just re-sized Shina's 2D panel so the newer OS can use it. WIN 7+ hates those half size panels (1024 x 798), & Shina's panels are unusual in that they use 2 bitmaps to render the dial overlay.

I guess it could be your graphics card is struggling to downsample the 1600 x 1200 bitmap to something less than 1024 pixels, which the sims max rendering setting. Or a bad gauge?

All the revised N1Ks were uploaded with the same Shina panel, so I'm surprised no-one else has reported issues.
    It's not a major setback for me as I rarely use the 2d window in favor of the VC. It was just a snag I rarely encounter and thought it best to at least alert you and others in case it pops up again.

Members who have read this thread: 0