Having some issues.. 🙄

Thread: Having some issues.. 🙄

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries

Having some issues.. 🙄

Don't be too hard on me guys. I know enough about computers to be able to download and add onto sims. The rest is a mystery to me as I don't have much time to invest these days. My problem is that when I installed P3Dv4 I committed the cardinal sin of installing it on my C drive. Bad mistake. . I'm out of space on that drive. Can I move my sim to another drive manually, or will I need to start over and reinstall on the other drive, which is practically empty. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Best would be to uninstall and reinstall. There are a lot of files in odd places pointing to others, that will be wrong if you just move them.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Yep, you're going to have to uninstall then reinstall to a different drive. I run 3 drives, two 1tb SSD's and one 2tb HDD (the latter for storage of large files I need quick access to on the PC). That being noted, I have one of the two SSD's with my OS on it and one only for my Sim's, P3Dv4 and DCS. It makes a world of difference in overall performance. My Sim SSD is a Samsung 860 EVO and it's data performance is plenty fast enough to P3D and similar programs and it is very easy to install and assign that drive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you are going to re-install you may want to delete the folder

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Which is where most of the settings files are located so you get a completely clean install.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all of your input, guys. Much appreciated. It's going to be the weekend before I'm going to be able to proceed.

Members who have read this thread: 0