CFS3 Freezes with Start-Up Opening Picture

Thread: CFS3 Freezes with Start-Up Opening Picture

Icon5 CFS3 Freezes with Start-Up Opening Picture

CFS3 freezes with opening picture (four British pilots and ME 262). Task Manager (Alt, Ctrl, Delete) will Not Respond.

How do I fix this?

1. Are you still running the intro video?
    2, I would delete the AppData folder, re run cfg.exe and check disable intro movie for a start. let us know how that goes.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

well, I am pretty sure the game loader freeze realy didnt hapen just out of the blue

however, I would reccomend to build right for such cases the alternative shortcut or command file to run the CFS3 in a window mode,
    a sample shortcut Target path: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\cfs3.exe" -window
    a sample batch command: cfs3.exe -window

this allows to shutdown the game easier when freeze and/or can fix some problem
    the game just remembers what latestly has been loaded and if there are some problems, you should be able to set/load some of the default airplanes back, for a next game restart.

next good thing is to rerun / re set the cfs3config.exe.

finally, all at users AppData folder content under Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 to delete would solve a lot too.
    Last edited by BorekS; October 17th, 2018 at 02:51.

Icon5 CFS3 Freezes with Start-Up Opening Picture

Mongoose & BorekS: The Intro Movie is DISABLED and never runs.

There are several AppData folders. Should I delete OS(C\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 ?

Yes, thats the folder. Just delete its content.

That's assuming that is the only install you have.

Delete the appdata folder
    re run the config.exe

just remind us what windows you are using.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by renereimann View Post
    CFS3 freezes with opening picture (four British pilots and ME 262). Task Manager (Alt, Ctrl, Delete) will Not Respond.

How do I fix this?
    Much more information is needed. Operating system, and the location of the install for starters. Is it in the standard C:\Program Files etc location, or somewhere else (mine all start with D:\ and are in the root of the drive - I seem to get fewer problems that way)? I am running Win 10 64-bit and use the Ubisoft exe which is as I understand it an "official" version of the no-CD exe.

Is the Install fully patched to v 3.1a? Including a screenshot of the folders and root files is always helpful too. Otherwise it is very hard to just provide a guess.

Also a copy of the configoverrides.xml would make things easier.

Also information as to whether the install is strictly stock, if not, what changes have been added? Do a search on *.* in the root pathway and advise what files show the latest changes, and what the dates for the recently changed files are. Ignore .bdps.

All this info will help!

Icon5 CFS3 Freeze Fixed -New Problem -Japanese Betty does NOT Show

The CFS3 Freeze at Start-Up is fixed. Not sure how - another CFS3 mystery.

New problem: AvH Japanese Betty, "g4m1" does not show up in Quick Combat with other Japanese aircraft. It is in the Aircraft folder. It is needed for "Yamamoto's Death" mission.

Members who have read this thread: 0