Paul Allen has passed away

Thread: Paul Allen has passed away

Paul Allen has passed away

The co-founder of MS and the driving force behind Flight Simulator franchise has 'gone west'
    RiP
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thanks for sharing the info Heywood. Thoughts and prayers to his family and those that knew him. Thank you Paul Allen for allowing me to escape to a virtual world when necessary.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

May he rest in peace.
    A big thank you to him for that virtual world he offered us.

Very sorry to hear that he has passed away. Rest in peace.
    Mark

Saw this on the news today, however not his connection to MS but the owner of both the Seattle Seahawks and the TrailBlazers. A passionate individual and a man of many talents. RIP!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Also, the driving force behind the Flying Heritage Collection, where you can see planes like the FW-190, Spitfire, Mosquito, Mustang, B-25, F6F Hellcat, A6M Zero (with original engine), and soon, an Me-262 (not a replica) flying in Everett, WA every year.

Plus he left almost his entire fortune to charitable causes.

Cancer sucks. He did too much good to die at 65.

I'm very sorry to hear that. His passion for aviation also brought us FSX, which evolved in a way no one could have ever imagined.

RIP Paul Allen.
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    A true gentleman and a driving force in both air and space vehicles. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Paul Allen

When people die this young it's always sad. He will be remembered as he left the world a beautiful aircraft collection.

he was a philanthropists philanthropist - I had no idea he had contributed so much time, money and resources to SO Many urgent humanitarian and cultural needs, here in the US and abroad..
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Amazing man, some of his highlights...

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world...-99/ar-BBOrKoH

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

The Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum (previously known only as the Flying Heritage Collection) originally began as Paul Allen's privately-held personal collection of warbirds which he began purchasing in the late 90's, before opening them to the public in 2004 in Arlington, Washington and then later at the Paine Field location in 2008, with a true museum facility, which has continued to grow, year after year - another new museum hangar, filled with more additions, will be opening on November 10th. He had a passion for WWII aircraft going back to his childhood, and his warbird acquisitions matched his favorites he had growing up, building models, etc. He also had an incredible passion for authenticity and accuracy in the restorations of his warbirds and spared no dime to achieve the highest levels - the FHCAM's P-51D, P-47D, Corsair and B-25J are all among the most authentic of their type flying, and of course the collection includes the only flying original Fw-190 (powered by an original BMW 801 engine), one of only a few flying original Messerschmitt 109's, one of only two flying IL-2's, one of only two currently flying Mosquitoes, one of the only few flying Japanese Zeroes, Hellcat, P-40C, Spitfire V, Hawker Hurricane, Polikarpov I-16, as well as original examples of both a Fw-190D and Ki-43 Oscar deemed too rare/precious to fly. Current projects that have been underway include the restoration of an original Me-262, which is slated to fly in early 2019 (complete with, improved upon, re-manufactured Jumo 004 engines), as well as a P-38J (possibly to be completed by late 2019 - the most authentically-restored P-38 to-date), a Stuka, a Ju-88, an He-111, an Fw-189, a Japanese Betty bomber and a B-17E.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    The Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum (previously known only as the Flying Heritage Collection) originally began as Paul Allen's privately-held personal collection of warbirds which he began purchasing in the late 90's, before opening them to the public in 2004 in Arlington, Washington and then later at the Paine Field location in 2008, with a true museum facility, which has continued to grow, year after year - another new museum hangar, filled with more additions, will be opening on November 10th. He had a passion for WWII aircraft going back to his childhood, and his warbird acquisitions matched his favorites he had growing up, building models, etc. He also had an incredible passion for authenticity and accuracy in the restorations of his warbirds and spared no dime to achieve the highest levels - the FHCAM's P-51D, P-47D, Corsair and B-25J are all among the most authentic of their type flying, and of course the collection includes the only flying original Fw-190 (powered by an original BMW 801 engine), one of only a few flying original Messerschmitt 109's, one of only two flying IL-2's, one of only two currently flying Mosquitoes, one of the only few flying Japanese Zeroes, Hellcat, P-40C, Spitfire V, Hawker Hurricane, Polikarpov I-16, as well as original examples of both a Fw-190D and Ki-43 Oscar deemed too rare/precious to fly. Current projects that have been underway include the restoration of an original Me-262, which is slated to fly in early 2019 (complete with, improved upon, re-manufactured Jumo 004 engines), as well as a P-38J (possibly to be completed by late 2019 - the most authentically-restored P-38 to-date), a Stuka, a Ju-88, an He-111, an Fw-189, a Japanese Betty bomber and a B-17E.
    Wow! Spent so much time in that part of the world without ever realizing what was in my own backyard. When I go pick up my new car, will certainly make a venture that way to see this collection. Thanks for sharing that info Bomber_12th.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 1