I LOVED MY A2A P-47...but this is AMAZING!

Thread: I LOVED MY A2A P-47...but this is AMAZING!

Blog Entries

I LOVED MY A2A P-47...but this is AMAZING!

https://store.x-plane.org/P-47N-Thunderbolt_p_882.html

The Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, nicknamed ‘The Jug’, was renowned by Allied Pilots as one of the best Fighter-Bombers of World War 2. The predecessor to the legendary A-10 Thunderbolt, the P-47N can dish out as much punishment as it could take, comfortable engaging both ground targets as well as engaging in air-to-air dogfighting at 30,000+ ft.

Notorious for its large, heavy airframe, the P-47N is driven by the awesome power of the Pratt & Whitney 18 Cylinder R-2800-77 Double Wasp Radial Engine, capable of putting out 2800+ Horsepower and reaching altitudes of up to 43,000ft thanks to the ingenious supercharger design.

The P-47N Model is the ultimate iteration of the Thunderbolt, featuring: Wings Lengthened by 18” and clipped to improve roll rate, Increased Combat Payload, Significantly increased flight range and a General Electric Autopilot System.

HD, Professional Quality 3D Modelling & Artwork

• Detailed 4K PBR Textures
    • Faithful 3D Model, Markings & Decals - down to the last rivet!
    • 4 Included Liveries - USAF Olive Standard, The Historical ‘Dottie Mae’, Tarheel Mal & ‘2 Big 2 Heavy’, along with a Professional Quality Paint Kit for custom liveries
    • Accurate & Detailed Animations of all moving parts inside & outside the cockpit
    • Complete Interior, Exterior & Recognition Lighting

Professional, Accurate FMOD Sound Design

• 40+ Custom Sounds to bring the P-47 to Life
    • Full FMOD Integration for a dynamic & reactive Audio Soundscape
    • Realistic 3D Spatial Audio & Distance Attenuation
    • Faithful recreation of the P&W R-2800 Double Wasp Radial Engine

Realistic, Complex Engine & FlightModel Simulation

• Code-based simulation of the Double-Wasp Engine to capture the nuances and behaviour of the real engine
    • Complete Engine Modelling, including realistic Supercharger & Water Injection systems
    • Complete Engine Operational Limits modelling with custom failures & realistic damage behaviour
    • Flight Model Performance tested & tuned using real-life test data for a truly authentic flight
    • Realistic, Code-Driven Engine Start Simulation that is dynamically affected by factors such as Weather & Temperature to capture the quirks & difficulties of starting the massive 2800 HP Radial Engine.

Complete Systems Modelling

• General Electric Type G-1 Installation Automatic Pilot - custom coded to truly capture the unique quirks of the P-47N Autopilot System
    • AN/ARA 8 Homing Adapter (ADF) - Unique audio based homing navigation system, accurately modelled
    • Realistic Fuel systems & Behaviour - including 3 Optional External Tanks and accurate fuel transfer behaviour
    • VHF Radio - Manual Tuning Capability
    • Functional K-14 Gunsight
    • Functional Guns - 8x .50 Cal Browning Machine Guns (Wing-Mounted)
    • AN/APS-13 Tail Warning Radar

Additional Features

• 3D External Pilot Model
    • Optional Pop-out Garmin 430 GPS
    • VR Optimized Manipulators

More pictures here

Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Holy rivet counters heaven ! That is awesome. I may have to get that.
    I always liked the Jug.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Holy rivet counters heaven ! That is awesome. I may have to get that.
    I always liked the Jug.
    Sue

I have been in a two-seater trainer version of a P-47 many years ago and this is as close as I have ever felt to the real thing...I have to admit though Scott and company did an incredible job of realism with the A2A version.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Do you mean you have piloted real P-47s in real life ? If so => wow !

That XPlane P47 looks awesome indeed. After reading the description above, I understand the plane is pretty close to the A2A Accusim P47 concerning the features and the engine behavior.
    Does it also "age" like the Accusim bird ? Or is it reset to factory-new for each flight ?

Members who have read this thread: 0