Aircraft textures in Ankor based installs vs. non Anko rones

Thread: Aircraft textures in Ankor based installs vs. non Anko rones

Aircraft textures in Ankor based installs vs. non Anko rones

So a question has arisen whether it is necessary to make different textures for installs using Ankor's shaders and installs without Ankor's stuff. I am ssuming things like bumpmapping effects do need Ankor's, but can those textures still look good in non Ankor installs?

I do note with some aircraft , the texture appearance is quite different.

Comments?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

that really depends on many other factors, hows the original airplane gmax/m3d mesh material settings, hows the current user CFS3 game config and also if you run the game on WinXP or later Win systems.

in another word some airplane will look almost same or acceptable with/without "Ankors", some will be visually unusable without edits.

however, I would always go the way to avoid of "hacking" the md3 files inside for material properities tweaks, just to solve it all with texture edits.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I do not use Ankor's shaders so only time will tell.Run Win 7 64bit. Have not run into any problems yet so far.Tried to get it to work on CFS3 but no luck so far. Must be doing something wrong installing it because i have no problems with WOFF.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    that really depends on many other factors, hows the original airplane gmax/m3d mesh material settings, hows the current user CFS3 game config and also if you run the game on WinXP or later Win systems.

in another word some airplane will look almost same or acceptable with/without "Ankors", some will be visually unusable without edits.

however, I would always go the way to avoid of "hacking" the md3 files inside for material properities tweaks, just to solve it all with texture edits.

Yes; undoubtedly there are a lot of factors and I imagine in all fairness to the texture producer, there is no way to deal with all the weird setups people may have, However I imagine, given the designer has to base the textures on something, by now it should be at least win7 or 10 and a good PC! Other than that, as David would say, look at configuration files! IMO everyone should be moving to an Ankor install; it's not hard at all to set up and Andy explains it quite well and I am sure would help,people in difficulties; maybe need a "for Dummies" version of instructions! WOTR uses that kind of setup and I feel sure latest versions of IL2 do as well.

all what Ankors needs to get it working in base is to unzip, run cfs3config, save and manually disable dual shadows and the horizontal line visual issue, if needed. as far as I remember. running such way injected CFS3 on WinXP.

Blog Entries
    Tried 3 times to install but no luck. Will dive deeper and check it out more closely to see if i can get it to work. Installed ETO and PTO expansions with a couple of tries so i don't see why this should be any more difficult . Would be nice for a "for dummies" tutorial on installing the shaders as it looks very nice. Will try again after reading as much as i can on it. Wonder if others have the same problem or am i really that dumb ?Run Win7 64bit.Feel like i'm getting left behind ! Regards,Scott

I installed Anchor's shaders in ETO, BOB, and MAW with no problems at all. I'm running win7. I did not add any of the optional files to start with. Just followed the included instructions very carefully. I've now added the dynamic gun sight, + C light, and contrails features. These extra features did give me more problems to set up.

I only added the shaders from the latest version.

I did have a lot of trouble getting the ETO expansion add on installed.

These are the only things I have ever added, so don't consider myself good at this.

Ankor's shaders on windows 10 64 bit can run ? thank you

Most definitely. Follow the instructions very carefully. Also see my reply to your other post.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Tried 3 times to install but no luck.
    I am not shure wthat means the "no luck" stage... well, maybe a ridiculous question, however: did you tried to activate / deactivate the shaders with the numlock 0 key ingame?

Blog Entries
    No i haven't. I mean i have tried to install 3 different times and could not get it to work without crashing at start-up of CFS3.Will recheck my config set-up and make sure it is correct .Don't want to give up yet as the shaders mod seems worthwhile.

if the issue was about "The configuration override file is either corrupt or missing Please re-run CFS3. CFS3 will now exit" message when CFS3 starts, then you are a close step to success
    Last edited by BorekS; October 17th, 2018 at 05:36.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    if the issue was about "The configuration override file is either corrupt or missing Please re-run CFS3. CFS3 will now exit" message when CFS3 starts, then you are a close step to success
    Yes , i have this message and when open cfsconfig.exe ever crash .

OK you are using win 10 64 bit; correct? Right click on each exe file (cfs3 and cfsconfig i particular)
    Go to comparability tab.
    Under comparability mode set it to Windows XP Service Pack 3
    Check "run this program as an administrator"

Now delete the game folder in the Appdata folder.

Re run config and set all to max . Check disable intro movie and you should be good to go! For the time being anyway. Tweaks later!

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    OK you are using win 10 64 bit; correct? Right click on each exe file (cfs3 and cfsconfig i particular)
    Go to comparability tab.
    Under comparability mode set it to Windows XP Service Pack 3
    Check "run this program as an administrator"

Now delete the game folder in the Appdata folder.

Re run config and set all to max . Check disable intro movie and you should be good to go! For the time being anyway. Tweaks later!
    CTD before finish to loading the game

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the help. Will give it another try when i have time on my hands and not playing with my all my sims. Keeps my free time busy. Thanks again fellas.

Members who have read this thread: 0