A2A c-172

Thread: A2A c-172

A2A c-172

Hi all,

I am in the market for a good C-172. However, not necessarily into having to do virtual walkarounds, check virtual oil, etc. Can one fly the A2A C172 without doing all that stuff? I want to navigate, and fly a realistic bird without doing virtual stuff I am not interested in.

What 172 options are out there now?

Go with the A2A 172. You can turn off Accusim and just hop in and fly with no problems. Or you could go for better performance and get the A2A 182.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Can’t beat the A2A Cessnas, and yes you can skip the extras by shutting down Accusim.

A2A is very expensive if you don't want to use the whole package...eg: walk around and accu sim.

My choice would be Carenado's 172 with the glass cockpit or their 172 RG if you like the old analog instruments.

Depends on what you mean by "Realistic".
    The A2A C172 is THE Cessna 172.

If you just want a C172 that looks like a C172 and do instrument flights, the Carenado one will be enough.
    But if you want a C172 that looks and WORKS like a C172, then you'll need the A2A.

And just to make it clear, about the walk-around:
    - it takes less than a minute
    - You're not forced to do it. You start the flight in the cockpit anyways. But if you don't check the plane and it had a real problem, you'll get to face the consequences in flight.

Go with the A2A 172. I leave Accu-sim on, but to be honest it takes no time to correct any issues if they arise. You can click a button to do a "Complete Overhaul" which will make sure the aircraft is in brand new tip top shape if any issues do arise. Otherwise, just jump in and fly if you want. The only issues I have ever had are flat batteries and cooked starter motors from trying to start it unsuccessfully. You can open the maintenance hangar and replace/repair these in 5 seconds.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    If you just want a C172 that looks like a C172 and do instrument flights, the Carenado one will be enough.
    You forgot to add that if you want a C172 that performs and handles (including slips and spins) like a C172, the Carenado version will be enough as well.

I have the Carenado 172N and really like it, and you get a version that works with FSX and all versions and editions of P3D, and you don't have to pay for Accu-sim that like you I did not want. I am waiting for the next Carenado sale to get there C172SP Skyhawk G1000 version.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

You will be pleasantly surprised since the 'glass' 172 has a completely new FDE built from scratch

I've never done a walk around with any A2A aircraft, although I have had a few mishaps because of that...
    But I still prefer the A2A version over the Carenado one.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I've never done a walk around with any A2A aircraft, although I have had a few mishaps because of that...
    But I still prefer the A2A version over the Carenado one.
    plus all those top quality Jankees repaints...

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    plus all those top quality Jankees repaints...
    now that you mention them, just (re)uploaded six more, still a few more to go.
    Here's a few of my favorites:
    ss8525

ss8680

ss8888

ss8992

ss11903

and then there's a ton of others, by other extremely talented repainters.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 0