Next Up_N30 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Up_N30

Will Be one More great Job....I Know This Place,Doubling the Pleasure Of revisiting it ...now on the sim THNX SIR!

Thanks Vin, nice airport. I'm sure Mike is busy, but I want to get this uploaded so I'm going with what I have now. Here are some final shots before I zip all this up and get it posted to the SOH Downloads area.

I'm going to take a look at the bushes I used for the vegetation. I don't like the fact that in the winter they remain bright green.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That looks fantastic Ed! Appreciate your sceneries.

Kevin

YEP Thats the place!..with Lake Wallenpaupack just South of it ..VERY NICE ..GREAT JOB THANKS MUCH WILL ENJOY !

Yep, another great one Ed!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by napacon View Post
    YEP Thats the place!..with Lake Wallenpaupack just South of it ..VERY NICE ..GREAT JOB THANKS MUCH WILL ENJOY !
    Just heard from Jason Becker (Mike must have passed my emails on to him). He is in charge of the simulator and wants to use the scenery for their Pilot Trainer. I've just sent a return email with some additional info. He thought I was part of "Elite" in Florida. . .I assume that's who currently works with him and the SimSystem they use.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I'm going to take a look at the bushes I used for the vegetation. I don't like the fact that in the winter they remain bright green.
    There is certainly a kind that gets white in hard winter. I used it at Locher. Unfortunately I'm traveling and can't check my files to see which one it is. If it's not too late I'll check that on Wednesday when I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    There is certainly a kind that gets white in hard winter. I used it at Locher. Unfortunately I'm traveling and can't check my files to see which one it is. If it's not too late I'll check that on Wednesday when I'm back.
    That'll work Dimus. Now that I'm talking to Jason, I have a few questions to ask him about areas I'm unsure of on the airport. I did find out from him in a second email that they use a 200 degree wrap around Elite/P3D Simulator built inside an MU2 cockpit. . .Nice!

Current System Specs:

Ed, unfortunately I was wrong. I have the same problem at Locher, bush vegetation does not have a hard winter version. I used the Bush Creosote kind, but that does not help you I guess, it is still green.

Ed, unfortunately I was wrong. I have the same problem at Locher, bush vegetation does not have a hard winter version. I used the Bush Creosote kind, but that does not help you I guess, it is still green.
    Too bad, odd that they wouldn't have a seasonal option for bushes, but. . .oh well. Thanks for looking into it for me.

Current System Specs:

Hi
    Thanks again Ed for the great scenery. If you ever have a chance to look at Long Lake, NY (NY9) its a great little seaplane base. It is somewhat improved by Orbx but still not quite the rendering you usually manage.
    Thanks
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi
    Thanks again Ed for the great scenery. If you ever have a chance to look at Long Lake, NY (NY9) its a great little seaplane base. It is somewhat improved by Orbx but still not quite the rendering you usually manage.
    Thanks
    Warren
    I will look at it again after this next scenery. I had a go at it once before but the elevations were all over the place there and I couldn't control any of it.

Current System Specs:

Hi Ed
    Again thanks. There was a pretty good rendition years ago for FS 2004 but the presentation has declined since then. As I mentioned Orbx has provided an improvement but in my view not too the level of FS2004. It's a nice spot to fly into in the middle of the Adirondacks and Helms Flying Service is still there after at least 50 years - a pair of 206s and a 185 I think.
    Take care.
    Warren

Ed - lovely work... looks like a nice little strip
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Dimus, checkout this thread. This may be the answer. I'm testing it right now.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...otator.443904/

Current System Specs:

Nope. . .they do turn white but they're too large to pass for bushes.

Current System Specs:

This is also why I was confused. I had some small trees next to the bushes that did turn white. Still they were trees, not bushes.
    Good lead on Lamont Clark's viewer though. I did not know about this and it is really useful!

Members +

Hello everyone from N30

Hi everyone, I am Jason and I want to say how good this work represents our home at Cherry Ridge. I even think I've seen that guy standing by the restaurant before. Wonderful work Falcon, this is going to impress my friends and colleagues, and has me wanting to learn more how you guys do this magic. I am a sim operator and computer guy but this kind of thing is what I really want to understand. Only thing I noticed was flying at night with P3D v4.2 the beacon was not working, no light or rotation, but maybe it is just our sim? The building lighting is wonderful, and love our sign TML reproduced well enough to read our website address! I am happy you are not within commuting distance because Mike might offer you my office!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizkid2552 View Post
    Hi everyone, I am Jason and I want to say how good this work represents our home at Cherry Ridge. I even think I've seen that guy standing by the restaurant before. Wonderful work Falcon, this is going to impress my friends and colleagues, and has me wanting to learn more how you guys do this magic. I am a sim operator and computer guy but this kind of thing is what I really want to understand. Only thing I noticed was flying at night with P3D v4.2 the beacon was not working, no light or rotation, but maybe it is just our sim? The building lighting is wonderful, and love our sign TML reproduced well enough to read our website address! I am happy you are not within commuting distance because Mike might offer you my office!
    Thanks for the kind words Jason. I'm glad it has portrayed your airport well. The smaller GA Airports are the most fun to do as each one has it's own style and personality. . .no two are ever the same. I'm working on the beacon and hopefully I can get that fixed and I'll trim back the trees so your rotor doesn't get fouled again, lol.

Current System Specs:

Members +

Another small airport but now private

https://www.airnav.com/airport/7PA3

I just thought of mentioning this airport because it has quite an interesting history and I met the lady who owns it a few years back. It used to be called Cold Spring Airport and in my early days on FS98 and 2002 I used to practice landing there never knowing much about it, except that 4000 feet was easier than the old 2400 feet for N30. Well I found out that the gentleman who owned it who since passed away was a distinguished doctor and pilot. He was known for doing aerobatics on a regular basis that people used to come to see. He also was a world class glider flyer and glider racer (never even thought you could put the words glider and racer together, but I saw pictures of them and I guess they can do 250!).

The airport is 4000 feet long, but has a serious obstacle on the 18 side which displaces about 1500 feet of it, namely a hill about 20 feet high and 50 foot trees on top of it on the neighbors property, so landing on 36 and taking off 18 are the normal options. Unless you can fly like the doctor did as I was told, in which case his Extra would go vertical on a 36 takeoff within feet of the hill. Sadly I never met the man but he is a legend to those who knew him, and his widow, the current owner, told some interesting stories of years past. It is private now, but is kept up and has a big hangar and avgas pump, and with special permission some people are allowed to use it.

For simming it would be nice to include some high performance aerobatic planes on the ramp, maybe have some other eye candy too, just to virtually bring the place back to life. It is situated on many acres of beautiful woods and clearings, and at one time had a motorcycle race oval which is still faintly visible from the air when the brush dies down, and a working farm with some kind of fancy sheep that produced a fancy wool and was written up in magazines. I think there is a horse stable too, and a big farmhouse and pond. It is fenced in and in the middle of nowhere, stuck in mountains and valleys, but if you have lost an engine or have another emergency it is nice to see underneath you.

Oh and what made me mention this anyway is that if you approach N30 at night for straight in to 36 from over 3500 feet, you see that airport in the sim lit up to the north, and being it has the same runway heading, you might be tempted to fly past N30 to it, since by air it is only a few miles further north. The extra 1000 feet is enough for me to land the F22 Raptor in P3D with room to spare and not burn up the brakes in that billion $ jet, and would give lots of enjoyment to us here as well as any people who try out your N30 from online here.

Thanks again for N30 and think I will fly there some more tonight and see if that guy at the diner went home yet.
    Last edited by Wizkid2552; October 27th, 2018 at 16:33. Reason: spelling

Jason, as it happens, I did that airport 5 years ago. Probably not to the extent I do them now, but I'll revisit it in the Sim and see what needs updating.

Current System Specs:

Members +
    Wow nice to hear, that was a shot in the dark but would love to see what you can do there. If you get it updated to your standards and share it with us, that lady owner comes to N30 now and again, and it would be an incredible surprise to let her see her place recreated in the virtual world. It has the hangar up above the runway elevation and the taxiway (think there is only one) goes downhill, but that detail is not so important as the big displaced threshold and mountain of dirt you stare at if you dare take off on 36.

Just wondering, I tried to send you an email with about a 9 MB attachment earlier today, did it get to you? It was a zip of our old N30 scenery folder and a mod for KORL that adds Elite's hangar that came with our system. It took a while to send, and some emails over 5 MB never make it.

Thanks
    I'll echo Warren's sentiments above about Cherry Ridge. Another great scenery, Ed. Speaking of Orbx - I don't believe it's been mentioned in this thread, but Cherry Ridge was one of the airfields previously released in Orbx's NA freeware airport pack. If you're installing Ed's scenery, you'll need to remove the following three files from your ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder, or else you'll get some doubled-up hangars, etc.

ADE_FTX_FTXG_N30.BGL
    ADE_FTX_FTXG_N30_CVX.bgl
    FTX_FTXG_N30_objects.bgl
    -Mark

Thanks Ed, now that is one sweet little airfield!

Dick

Am I missing something? I am not seeing this one in the Downloads library.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0