Cs b-52

Thread: Cs b-52

Cs b-52

Has anyone tried to install the CS B-52 into P3Dv4? I tried installing it, but when I give the installer the location it doesn't enable the install button. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Has anyone tried to install the CS B-52 into P3Dv4? I tried installing it, but when I give the installer the location it doesn't enable the install button. Any ideas?
    I don't think it will work. Pretty sure I tried installing it with Flightsim Estonia's Migration Tool, but can't remember all the problems with it.

Here's a forum post about it:

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf...m=1525539795/4

Thanks Navy Chief, that's what I was afraid of. Now that they're going 64bit only, hopefully we'll get an update.
    '

As with the C-130, the FS9.exe file needs to be present in the P3DV4 main folder. You can create a faux one for the purpose of installation. Just create a text document and rename it to FS9.exe. I would say the FSX.exe file also needs to be present.

I'm not too sure how the B52 will go in P3DV4 anyway. I remember some files needed to be disabled for it to work, or at least have decent performance, in P3DV3. I think it was the radar dll.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Captain Sim just announced their shutting down work for FSX soon and possibly moving towards other platforms besides P3D (guessing XP-11 as Milviz and others have done). I have repeatedly asked if they were going to update the B-52H to P3Dv4 but so far no answer. One other thing the VC badly needs is wing views to be added. I was allowed in a B-52G cockpit a long time ago and remember looking over my should and seeing the outer wing and engines with ease. Anyhow, it was a joy to have that model in FSX so maybe soon some movement will happen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    One of my favorites of course and done very well.

the interior was done by milviz if I remember correctly.

I agree I loved flying the Captain Sim B-52H. Would like to see more than an H model with no guns...like the D and F models, and the G and H both pre evs and post evs.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    I agree I loved flying the Captain Sim B-52H. Would like to see more than an H model with no guns...like the D and F models, and the G and H both pre evs and post evs.
    +1. Would have no issues paying for a good upgrade to P3Dv4, especially with the additional models mentioned above.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

it works in v4 however it takes some moving around and editing the xml.dll

however the light mapping is messed up, nothing really the sepc map can fix, its more model properties each part of the model has a different light reflecting characteristics, easily fixed my MCX however i never spent the energy to look at

I have tried installing to P3DV4 and I have manually added the dll to P3DV4's dll.xml file, but no matter what I try the engines will never start. The engine spool up sound just loops over and over.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I have tried installing to P3DV4 and I have manually added the dll to P3DV4's dll.xml file, but no matter what I try the engines will never start. The engine spool up sound just loops over and over.
    i really cant confirm as i dont get to really have time to play around after the wife and kid have gone to bed, and everything is muted

once i saw the lighting/texture issues i deleted it and never thought about revisiting it

I've tried getting the CS B-52 to work in v4.3, but no matter what I get the same as many others have stated. The scenario starts and all looks good, but the engines just spool down and no restart is possible.
    It's quite literally one of the three reasons why I still have P3Dv3.4 installed on my PC, the other two reasons being MilViz F-15 E and Razbam Harrier II +.

The B52's not going to work in v4 unfortunately.
    Theres a gauge in the panel folder called Captain_Sim.b520.sys.gau thats 32 bit. until (or if) CS convert this to 64 bit its a no go
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    This is really a shame as it was a fine aircraft. With some experience with the aircraft I found it very realistic. Still have FSX so I can still fly.

Members who have read this thread: 0