P-47 Progress Thread

Thread: P-47 Progress Thread

Hybrid View

P-47 Progress Thread

Hi guys,

To stir things up a little (it's been rather quiet over here lately), I thought it might be a good idea to post some progress screenies of the P-47D. I took a break from modelling to texture some parts that I might publish as generic/shared aircraft components for use in future models or by other modellers. This particular bit is my rendition of the A-12 oxygen regulator (gmax screenie):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teaser4.jpg  

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

SOH-CM-2020
    oh boy, I'd forgotten about this project! Looks great, Frosty!!

Great screenie Joost. Sure it's for a P47 or a hospital oxygen supply system? Seriously does look very good.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Are you doing your own textures, Joost? They look great!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Are you doing your own textures, Joost? They look great!
    Yep, so far (John offered his help so who knows what the future brings...).

Has anyone been following the PBR thread over at the FSX forum and the DCS thread on the upcoming F14A/B? Especially the video where they showed ambient light going around in the cockpit? There were finger smudges on the display behind the stick! FREAKING FINGER SMUDGES!! That sort of ultra-realistic texturing reduces my work to a 4-year old's finger painting exercise!

It comes at a cost, though; the module appears to be a whopping 120 Gb. For a single aircraft. But not just any aircraft; a F-14!
    Anyway, I content myself with the fact that I did this all by myself and hopefully there will be a time where people will wonder how on earth could anyone texture a model without the use of additional software. And I will know the answer: With a lot of patience and time on one's hands...

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Thanks guys

Yep, so far (John offered his help so who knows what the future brings...).

Has anyone been following the PBR thread over at the FSX forum and the DCS thread on the upcoming F14A/B? Especially the video where they showed ambient light going around in the cockpit? There were finger smudges on the display behind the stick! FREAKING FINGER SMUDGES!! That sort of ultra-realistic texturing reduces my work to a 4-year old's finger painting exercise!

It comes at a cost, though; the module appears to be a whopping 120 Gb. For a single aircraft. But not just any aircraft; a F-14!
    Anyway, I content myself with the fact that I did this all by myself and hopefully there will be a time where people will wonder how on earth could anyone texture a model without the use of additional software. And I will know the answer: With a lot of patience and time on one's hands...

Yeah I have looking at that and the video for the DCS version here
    probably a lot easier when one can go around an actual in service aircraft and take pictures showing real usage; can't do that with many WWII aircraft.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 62