Back cycling pilot seat views

Thread: Back cycling pilot seat views

Back cycling pilot seat views

Should it be possible to do this? I note compared with the original keyboard, quite a lot has changed as things have been added or changed. Now pilot's view is F6 and Shft + F6 is float view which we can also get cycling F4. Could that be changed or is there an even more useless key stroke which could be commandeered? Is this then done in game settings or is there some file in the folder?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Just checking if anyone has some thoughts!

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi James,

I don't have CFS3 to hand, but the files are there in the install which tell you what keystrokes do what. One of the files is the .xca file and there are a couple of similar ones, I never got around to working out why there were three largely similar files?

Ok David, I'll have a look see.

OK David. Looking at all the xca files which do have certain similarities, do you know id certain expressions are commands?

For instance looking at F8 which is
    <Key ID="F8" Action="CycleGunnerSeat"/>
    and Shift F8 which is
    <Key ID="F8" Mod="Shift" Action="CycleGunnerSeatPrev"/>

would the following have any effect?

<Key ID="F6" Action="GotoPilotSeat"/>
    which cycles "GotoPilotSeat" views- actually the Station Name

and if one changed Shift F6 from "FloatView" to
    <Key ID="F6" Mod="Shift" Action="GotoPilotSeatPrev"/>

Maybe the commands aren't correct because even F6 action "GotoPilotSeat" is different in meaning from "CycleGunnerSeat" more than "pilot" and Gunner"

I somehow feel it is tied up to the xdp file's wording relating to
    <Seat Name=
    Type=
    View=

Somehow with every press of F6 one does cycle the pilots view but the View="0" stays the same; what changes is the Station Name=xxxx

Now the F8 key changes both the Station Name=xxxx and the View=x

maybe I should try <Key ID="F6" Mod="Shift" Action="GotoPilotSeatPrev"/> first to see if it works!

Ok
    I have 2 xca in my AppData file
    CFS3
    CFS3_X55

I changed
    <Key ID="F6" Mod="Shift" Action="FloatView"/>

in both to

<Key ID="F6" Mod="Shift" Action="GotoPilotSeatPrev"/>

Nothing happened other than the CFS3.xca reverting to <Key ID="F6" Mod="Shift" Action="FloatView"/>

I also looked at Flight Simulator.xca in the install folder which has different values such as
    <Key ID="F6" Mod="Shift" Action="GotoPilotSeat"/>

so I also changed this to <Key ID="F6" Mod="Shift" Action="GotoPilotSeatPrev"/>

again no difference

So it's not that simple. Still somejhow tied to the xdp file and I suppose through that to the m3d's.

SOH-CM-2020
    So it looks like Shift + F8 was the one to cycle backwards in the original .xca. Sorry once again I am going by memory not in front of my CFS3 'puter. Isn't there a file also in the AppData pathway that needs editing? IIRC, there are two files that need changing if you want your changes to shift + F6 to stick.

I changed 3 files; 2 in AppData and 1 in the install.

Interesting research.

If the key set can keep the seat xdp definiton items, I have to note you can achieve ingame same F6 cycle result with different xdp logic. What I mean is our Arado 234 case, where the older wips used seats for each VC pilot view. It caused many parachutes when bail out
    Ive fixed it by removing the seats...

...so you can cycle F6 views unnoticing any change, but the whole thing inside xdp would take a big effect on your testing.

I have actually been using the Ar234B as the test ac as there are so many F6 views. As I said, so far no luck with my simple changes.

that I was affraid of a bit
    the Ar 234 public release use only one Seat item with 6 or 7 camera view points. so maybe your research way is right, still no effect just because one seat logic there :/

Hmmm! Must still be a way!

Sorry to hijack but seems this's still about pilot seat, i would like to ask on how to make virtual co-pilot seat which it can be like autopiloting. Just sit in the pilot cockpit but you don't have to use stick to control the plane.
    I've seen this in the game, like B-26 where there's co-pilot view but use pilot view and you don't have to control the plane but only sit and looking around the cockpit while it's in Autopilot.
    Last edited by wiekniera; December 2nd, 2018 at 13:41.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Cool eyepoints

You need multiple eyepoints to cycle along with stations. The pilot station can have several stations but each need a different eyepoint. I do this for off-set gunsights and the schrage musik on the He 219, and Do 217. This is what I do, if there is a neat workaround great, not sure there is.....

The multiple eyepoints must be modeled in the source files......

yeah...

to Wiek: if I good remember, its about the view type. change Type="pilot_station" to Type="gunner_station" in airplane XDP view / seat config. to set the view ingame, use F8 key.

you can check the Me 264 sample how is made. there is the Co-Pilot station.

@Boreks
    Thanks mate ! Now i can enjoy the flight

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    You need multiple eyepoints to cycle along with stations. The pilot station can have several stations but each need a different eyepoint. I do this for off-set gunsights and the schrage musik on the He 219, and Do 217. This is what I do, if there is a neat workaround great, not sure there is.....

The multiple eyepoints must be modeled in the source files......
    Hi Ted. So are you saying it should work with your setup in the He219/Do 217, or didn't work there either. As for the Ar234; the source files are close at hand.............

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

James

I have used the multiple eyepoint and station solution in many planes. Look at the way the 219, 217 and the Ju88 with schrage musik are set up.

OK I'll check if reverse cycling works with them. Of course I know those aircraft well!

Well for one thing the cfs3.xca in the AppData folder always reverts the 'floatview" while all the other xca's keep
    "GotoPilotSeatPrev"

In any case shtF6 did nothing at all, so either the ? is why the cfs3.xca always reverts; is that the issue, or is it something else entirely; in the xdp or m3d?

Members who have read this thread: 0