WW1 brought to life

Thread: WW1 brought to life

WW1 brought to life

This is really remarkable. A movie project by Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings fame. He has painstakingly brought WW1 to life. No jerky unreal B&W footage, but colorized smooth frames. Brings the men to life in a way that they are relateable. Check out the interview video within the report.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...years-ago.html
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Peter Jackson is an exceptional film maker and this is absolutely outstanding.
    The man is a perfectionist (as shown via his 'Wingnuts' model kits) and I doubt anyone other than P.J. who would have put so much passion onto this project.
    We're heading off to France next week on the 16th to attend several Centennial services remembering the Armistice and a number of operations that Aussie troops took part in.
    I want to go to Belgium as well, the first few weeks of the 'War To End All Wars' and the stand taken by the outnumbered and out gunned Belgians has always fascinated me.
    Thanks for the H.U. about the film.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

That is bloody amazing! I do hope that this documentary will eventually be shown here in the United States!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

On one of my trips to Fantasy of Flight in Polk County Florida Kermit had just come back from a meeting with PJ. He had provided him a Rotary engine for Engineers to reverse engineer. They planned to rebuild them to put them Replicas. He definitely uses all of the tools to make a movie.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Of course Peter Jackson's biggest claim of fame for me (aside from his film-making) is his "The Vintage Aviator Ltd." company in New Zealand, which for a good number of years now has both restored original WWI aircraft and aero engines and reproduced WWI aircraft and aero engines to original specifications only, in exacting detail with no detail overlooked. Some of the engines they've rebuilt and built new had previously been extinct in operational form - Oberursels, Bentleys, RAF.4A and RAF.1A engines, Beardmores, etc. Kermit Weeks owns a couple aircraft produced by TVAL (partly acquired in exchange for using some of his WWI engines to copy), and a few more are privately owned and based in England and France, though the vast majority remain with TVAL/Peter Jackson in their own collection in New Zealand and operated on a routine basis from their home base of Masterton (Hood Aerodrome), though some get over to Omaka as well. One of TVAL's Albatross DVA's just recently was sold and arrived at Old Warden in England within the past month or so, where it is now to be based/operated. All of TVAL's restorations and reproductions are absolutely incredible in their depth of accuracy to originality - as close to the way they were in WWI as anyone has achieved. A few of their reproductions, in-fact, are displayed at the Royal Air Force Museum in London.

Sad that his 'Dam-busters' film never came about due to Political Correctness gone feral.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 1