CFS3 Headtracking

Thread: CFS3 Headtracking

CFS3 Headtracking

Don't know if this is where I should ask this, but I can't get headtracking to work. I'm using Delan Clip with Opentrack and can't find a way to get it to work. Works fine with WOFF-UE, Falcon 4 BMS, FSX....ect.
    Thanks

edit: moved to new thread by moderator
    Last edited by hairyspin; October 9th, 2018 at 09:17.

I have no idea how your system sets up cf TrackIR. Perhaps more detail?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

A little Google searching shows some people having unresolved troubles getting it to work with FSX and no one actually using Opentrack successfully with CFS3.

I use TrackIR version 5.4.2.27545 without any particular trouble.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Im sry guy's, not using trackir, its the DelanClip. https://delanengineering.com/
    The software I'm using is Opentrack, and it works fine for all my other sims including FSX and even ARMA 3
    Win 10
    Geforce 980ti
    i7 6700
    16gb mem

I've been looking into head-tracking with various sims, and I'm using a homemade IR clip together with Opentrack in the majority of flight sims which support this. However, I couldn't get this to work in CFS3, and I didn't want to invest a huge amount of cost in the official TrackIR.

I couldn't find a great deal of recent activity on this subject, so I thought I'd update this thread with my recent experience.

The solution which worked for me is FaceTrackNoIR together with a cheap MS Lifecam VX-5000.

The software is very cheap - cost me EUR3.45, and I got the camera from an auction site, so overall less than EUR10 for the whole setup and it seems to work well.

Just be aware that you need to make sure you've got decent lighting, otherwise it will not work.

I hope this helps somebody out.

Members who have read this thread: 2