NETFLIX's 'Lost In Space'

Thread: NETFLIX's 'Lost In Space'

NETFLIX's 'Lost In Space'

Yes I like it!
    I don't compare new to old, but rather take in as of itself.

For the folks that only like the old, remember that it was loosely based off of 'The Swiss Family Robinson', so what is really the 'original'.....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Yes I like it!
    I don't compare new to old, but rather take in as of itself.

For the folks that only like the old, remember that it was loosely based off of 'The Swiss Family Robinson', so what is really the 'original'.....
    Dr Smith annoys the poop out of me though.
    Hi

But of course, Dr Smith is supposed to be annoying.
    I like the new series too.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Sue
    Perhaps not to the degree that you question the sanity and reasoning skills (not to mention the sheer survival instincts) of the shows other characters in not just spacing her at the earliest opportunity.
    Hi

"Her?" So, Dr. Smith has finally come out of the closet?
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Hi

Hi,

Does anyone remember Ronnie Pendergraft's fantastic Jupiter-2 MGE model for FS9 ??
    I'm working on a FSX-compatible version of it.

And a lot of LIS sceneries made by Carl Reddin ??
    Got him going too ….

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by HyFlyer View Post
    Dr Smith annoys the poop out of me though.
    LoL agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    I like the new series too.
    Sue
    True, and true!

LOL!!! Well it would be, but the real Dr. Smith in this series for very brief moment is?

https://www.metv.com/stories/bill-mu...n-space-reboot

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

How in the universe did Billy Mumy (Will Robinson) become Jonathan Harris (Dr. Zachary Smith)? Was there some soul transference in an episode I missed?
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

How in the universe did Billy Mumy (Will Robinson) become Jonathan Harris (Dr. Zachary Smith)? Was there some soul transference in an episode I missed?
    OMG! Anthony Don't banish me to the cornfield.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hi

Oh I see said the blind man. Will R. was simply wearing Dr. Z's jacket. Why he had the jacket on remains a mystery.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Oh I see said the blind man. Will R. was simply wearing Dr. Z's jacket. Why he had the jacket on remains a mystery.

Unfortunately for “Dr. Smith,” she’s unable to dispose of all of the evidence, and when Don and a group of other colonists return to Jupiter 18 in Episode 6 to siphon its fuel, he discovers a hospital I.D. badge depicting the real Dr. Smith — that is, Mumy’s character.

https://www.cbr.com/lost-space-reboot-bill-mumy-cameo/

SPOILERS!!!!!

No, in the new series, he is the real (innocent in this series) Doctor Smith, presumably killed in the robot attack on the Resolute, during which Parker Posey, after having escaped from her cell where she was being held as a stowaway, pretends to be him in order to trick two technicians into helping her hijack a Jupiter from the seemingly doomed resolute.

Hi

Okay, now I understand. The producers wanted a cameo of an original actor as an homage to the original series, but obviously it had to be Bill Mumy because Jonathan Harris had died in 2002 at age 87, and all the other male actors have likewise died.

Wikipedia:
    In 2018, Mumy appeared in the pilot episode of the Netflix remake series, Lost in Space. His character's name is Dr. Z. Smith, in homage to the character played by Jonathan Harris in the 1965 television series.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Mark Goddard (Maj. Don West) is still kicking at 82.

Recorded June 2018.

Ah, so he is. Probably still not suitable for a Cameo role though.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Members who have read this thread: 0