A few screenies of recent endeavours...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few screenies of recent endeavours...

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

A few screenies of recent endeavours...

Hiya Guys,

Been slowly but surely reworking the Micronesia collection. Don't know that I will ever get it done but its fun working on it. The airfields themselves are all quite spartan- mostly just glorified texture polygons made with G2K.and plenty of Wolfi's coastline palms trees.

A couple of screenies: Abemama Atoll twice and then Aranuka Island. All of these locations are in the Gilbert Islands, Kiribati.

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

A few more: Fanning Island two times, Kuria Island and Maiana Atoll

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Wow....what great looking shots. What textures are you using MR? This makes me think of revisiting the Pacific.

Great pics and scenery MR!

I thought you were working on doing GSL for the Philippines.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Wow....what great looking shots. What textures are you using MR? This makes me think of revisiting the Pacific.
    Hiya Ravenna,

Pretty sure I am using PacTex-Version1 along with UT's PacificBlues_subdued

MR

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Great pics and scenery MR!

I thought you were working on doing GSL for the Philippines.
    Howdy SW,

Yeah, I am. Sort of. But I get distracted. Think of this as a GSLization of my Micronesia pack. ;^)

MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; October 8th, 2018 at 10:48.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22 Reply...

Chris,

Your work looks absolutely astounding. Nicely done...I love the realistic look to the airfields and the textures!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Hiya Ravenna,

Pretty sure I am using PacTex-Version1 along with UT's PacificBlues_subdued

MR

Howdy SW,

Yeah, I am. Sort of. But I get distracted. Think of this as a GSLization of my Micronesia pack. ;^)

MR
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Looking Great!

Love all your stuff MR. So happy to see your new updates. Especially Micronesia. Just been re-reading John Lundstrom's "The First Team" and went looking for a CFS2 Makin and found it in your original mr_micronesia. Your scenery is so much better than the MS versions. Wonder if you might might do some replacements?

Chris, We've seen a lot of blue water around plain-looking islands over the years in stock CFS2 PTO, but every time you guys add something with coral reefs its just soo awesomazing! Great eye-candy for my frequent free-flight touring moods.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Icon22

Thanks guys. Slowly finishing up Tabiteuea Atoll. Don't think it was involved in any WWII action but it has 2 airfields (North and South) and is a good site to prctice with. Still needs a bit more tweaking to the land and water class as well more extensive airfield "facilities.

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

A few mas:

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Outstanding!

Now that's what I call a VERY long distance mission!!

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    ....Wonder if you might might do some replacements?
    Hiya Worthless. Yes Butaritari Island (Makin Atoll) and Makin Island (North) are definitely on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    ... Great eye-candy for my frequent free-flight touring moods.
    I'm hearing ya BC. Free-flight sight-seeing has always been my main pastime with CFS2.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Putting finishing touches on the Tabiteuea North airfield. Much more elaborate than anything that was likely ever there. Call it artistic license. ;^) Three images: (1)Standing by at the end of Runway33; (2)inside a camo-netted revetment; (3) low pass over the field.

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Bearcat241: If you are interested, one of my oldest uploads ("Shadow Bases": http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=45&id=6055 ) has some fictional bases in the PNG area, all in GSL for your free flight pleasure. One of them, Long Island is half way between Alexishafen and Cape Gloucester. It has a conventional airbase, close to the shore and a huge lake in the volcanic caldera, where I put in a seaplane base. (see pics). If you are fling from Cape G to Alexishafen, you'll pas right over them, can stop in and refuel. Another, Morobe ha a PT Boat base with an airstrip and seaplane base with a ramp for amphib seaplanes. I used Pactex textures with standard mesh.

Great work Chris! I'm not trying to hijack your thread.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; October 13th, 2018 at 11:58.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks for the link Shadow Wolf. I don't use Pactex anymore (got tired of seeing rice paddies in odd places), but i'm sure your work will look great with my current choice.

BTW, i finally finished your Essex camp last week. Great immersion with big air wing actions - busy skies. Sometimes too busy for my aging processor. I especially liked the dicey night CAP missions. Target vectoring from CIC was sometimes confusing when i tried to follow it while also using the waypoint marker in the pop-up targeting window. Getting in close in the dark is often the only way to get the job done, but those kamikazes exploding in your face can take your mount out of the fight and leave you swimming home.

Had to make a lot of air-start mods due to the incessant and unsolvable "jumping ship" syndrome, but i can live without the launches if necessary. As i told you before, i also subbed a lot of aircraft to inject more of the various squadrons deployed on the Essex between `43 and `45.

All in all, well done...gonna take another run at it. Thanks for the ride.

Sorry about the digression Chris...

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Putting finishing touches on the Tabiteuea North airfield. Much more elaborate than anything that was likely ever there. Call it artistic license. ;^) Three images: (1)Standing by at the end of Runway33; (2)inside a camo-netted revetment; (3) low pass over the field.

Cheers,
    MR

Nice base! I especially like the camo netting and the tree set-up.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hi BC,

Have you ever tried Pen32win's Pactex mod? Here is a copy of his post.

Listed below are the textures that I replaced. The first number is the series that was replaced. The second number is the series I used to replace it with, a copy of it that is.

Here’s how I did it to help prevent messing things up. Before starting back up your files.
    1. Delete the series (There are 7 files in each series) that you want to replace.
    2. Copy the series that is going to replace them and paste them in an empty folder.
    3. Rename the files you just copied to the same names as the file deleted in Step 1.
    4. Move the files you just renamed back into your scendb/wolrd/texture folder.
    So if you’re going to replace series 006H2SU1 thru 7 with series 066H2SU1 thru 7 you would first delete 006H2SU1 thru 7. Then copy 066H2SU1 thru 7 to the empty folder and then rename them to 006H2SU1 thru 7. Then move the new files back into to the world texture folder.

The list:

006h2su1-7 replace with copies of 066h2su1-7
    011h2su1-7 replace with copies of 025h2su1-7
    027b2su1-7 replace with copies of 022b2su1-7
    052h2su1-7 replace with copies of 019h2su1-7
    063h2su1-7 replace with copies of 018b2su1-7
    031h2su1-7 replace with copies of 031b2su1-7 (better city textures)
    064h2su1-7 replace with copies of 047h2su1-7

Make these changes and PacTex2 becomes very different. Very nice for the PTO. It makes your jungle areas jungles but they are not mono-texture looking.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Thank you sir...i'll look into it.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post

Sorry about the digression Chris...
    No worries BC! Happy to have ya whatever the "digression". Great screenshot!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Great work Chris! I'm not trying to hijack your thread.
    Not a problem SW!I don't consider it hijacked at all. Happy to see ya!

BTW, I still have all of your Shadow Bases loaded up!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

MR: Are you using the stock or Rhumba's mesh for your background scenery?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0