This Weekend!

Thread: This Weekend!

Icon25 This Weekend!

MotoGP in Thailand, where Cobras roam!

Bathurst 1000K.
    We leave for 'The Mountain' this evening!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hopefully this time a better weekend for Yamaha............

Cheers,
    Huub

We will see, but as a Duc fan I'm happy although I just watched JL99 highside again on my phone app!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Well Yamaha did indeed much better this time. I think Andrea Dovizioso gave it away by trying to block Marc Márquez, instead of riding his own pace.

Cheers,
    Huub

Back from Bathurst, a trifle tired and hung over!!!
    Flight up was good, the return flight was 'interesting' due to weather.
    The inserted article covers the story. Love that Craig Lowndes won it, gutted for David Reynolds.

"Craig Lowndes with co-driver Steven Richards won the 2018 Bathurst 1000 as David Reynolds, who held the lead for the majority of the race,
    was hit with cramp in the closing stages of the race.

“It means a lot. It’s almost like ‘06 back again. We’ve had trouble all weekend with the steering and these guys have done a hell of a job to
    pull it all together,” said Lowndes.

“I didn’t have any cool suit or air in my helmet the last three stints, so I’m a little tired, but it’s a credit to these guys (the team). We didn’t
    have quite the speed at the beginning of the race, but we were hoping the track would come to it and it did.”
    Reynolds with co-driver Luke Youlden had been strong all weekend but was hit with disaster as the race neared its end when the Erebus
    Motorsport driver had to fight a leg cramp.
    Things got even worse in one of their final stops when Reynolds was hit with a drive through penalty for spinning his rear wheels, slipping his
    foot of the clutch due to the leg cramp, dropping the duo down the order to finish 13th.

Lowndes got past Reynolds prior to that (lap 135) and was on his own from that. Walkinshaw Andretti United driver Scott Pye with co-driver
    Warren Luff was his closest competitor but was well behind, finishing second with a margin of 6.3 seconds.
    Pye’s podium finish was his second consecutive Bathurst 1000 podium and performed a strong race, climbing from 18th on the grid.
    DJR Team Penske driver Scott McLaughlin claimed the final podium spot with co-driver Alexandre Prémat, finishing 9.4 seconds behind race
    winner Lowndes.
    Tickford Racing driver Chaz Mostert came home in fourth position with championship leader Shane van Gisbergen crossing the line in fifth
    position for Triple Eight Race Engineering.
    There was plenty of drama for Mostert who clashed with his team-mate David Russell at Forest’s Elbow, sending Russell, who is co-driver to
    Cameron Waters, into the wall and later into the pits for lengthy repairs.
    The repairs dropped them to finish 23rd but the stewards decided to take no action on the incident.
    Disaster also struck Triple Eight Race Engineering driver Jamie Whincup with co-driver Paul Dumbrell. The duo were involved in the top fight
    until lap 45 when the front-right wheel came off the #1 Holden at turn one, forcing Dumbrell to drive a full lap on three wheels. This dropped
    them a lap down on the leaders but a late safety car meant that they were able to return to the same lap as the leaders and later fight their
    way to finish tenth.
    One of the few retirements in the race was the Walkinshaw Andretti United duo of James Courtney and Jack Perkins due to an engine failure
    on lap 33.
    Van Gisbergen is still in the lead of the championship but with McLaughlin closing the gap to trail the Holden rival by 19 points with three
    race weekends left of the 2018 season."

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

This is not your usual Aviation Facility!
    There is quite a story behind the resident Coastal Freighter hulk.

'Our' Skylane never missed a beat and we arrived to a Bathurst Airfield that was absolutely wall to wall GA.

Members who have read this thread: 0