2019 NASCAR Rules

Thread: 2019 NASCAR Rules

Lightbulb 2019 NASCAR Rules

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...tice-new-oems/

Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer, says the sanctioning body continues to have talks with new manufacturers to compete alongside Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota, with a 550-horsepower target providing a more attractive entry point for automakers over the current 750-horsepower baseline.

Not sure lower hp will help bring in more car manufacturers with the high costs of operating a team and getting sponsors. Whole thing is out of hand to run a team anymore.

Ugh! More rules changes and now engines de-tuned to 550 hp? Is NASCAR going to start putting each car on a dynamometer to make sure they are not exceeding 550 hp as part of the inspection process? Which new car manufacturers are looking to get into NASCAR? Hyundai? Kia? Honda? It sure as heck isn't Tesla. Maybe just go to 4 cylinder engines in subcompact cars, every manufacturer seems to have those.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

If they want to cut power cut cubes not air inlet size. There is a specific ratio of cubes to air inlet size that makes an engine respond to the throttle. These clowns are screwing that up which results in the driver hitting the throttle and not much happens. When the engines won't respond the cars bunch up, I suppose this is what NASCAR wants as it will generate excitement when they wreck.

Exactly right, Terry. And all the while NASCAR is claiming to be reducing the cost for teams to compete, but a wrecked race car is an incredibly expensive pile of scrap metal.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hey All,

Be interesting to see what this package brings - that said...

1. The higher HP low downforce package has been a total failure as wrongheaded as season long points racing was - thankfully that's gone. How boring was it to watch Richard protect a 1000 point it seemed lead for 6 months to a title.

2. The issue is the draft. You can't use it to catch up an pass in the current package. You have to have a superior car or find another way whether it be ridin the rim or being real good with a loose car - or a combination. It ends up bein a few really good cars an drivers being dominant. An inferior car has no chance. Can you say boring... In closer racing strategy matters more than physical wheelman ability and makes for better racing and more money making entertainment. The wheelmen can still show their ability but more cars around them will make it interesting to do so.

3. Remember in today's world it is all about "me". By that I mean casual fans are likely of the opinion I pay my money and expect you to entertain me. It is not entertaining to watch a few dominants win. It is not I pay my money to watch boring predictable outcomes. That may be racing but it is not entertainment and all motorsport racing is first and foremost entertainment not sport. I'm not here to admire you I'm here to be entertained by you.

Then of course there are all the subplots. Money already spent on the current engines, Chevy being an also ran - no France (or Childress, Hendrick) will put up with that, and of course wanting more manufacturers - the big engines they have now are a deterrent but the costs are already sunk so I think they will reduce displacement but over time.

If you think all this will do is level the playing field for both manufacturers and drivers you are right but that is the whole idea - for entertainment an of course money.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Question

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Not sure lower hp will help bring in more car manufacturers with the high costs of operating a team and getting sponsors. Whole thing is out of hand to run a team anymore.
    What's current Xfinity HP compared to 2019 NASCAR?

I\ve seen where they are rated 650 to 700, 450 with restricter plates.

Members who have read this thread: 0