Ryan Navion B Parking Brake

Thread: Ryan Navion B Parking Brake

Ryan Navion B Parking Brake

I am new to SOH - my first post.

Just recently installed the Ryan Navion B into my P3D v4.3 - what an amazing GA aircraft, everything works and performs perfectly.

I believe the real world version does not have a parking brake lever, hence this was does not either. But I was just wondering if there should have been an annunciator light that went on when the sim parking brake is activated?

Regards,
    Dane

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    I am new to SOH - my first post.

Just recently installed the Ryan Navion B into my P3D v4.3 - what an amazing GA aircraft, everything works and performs perfectly.

I believe the real world version does not have a parking brake lever, hence this was does not either. But I was just wondering if there should have been an annunciator light that went on when the sim parking brake is activated?

Regards,
    Dane
    Doesn't P3D give a notification of "Parking Brake on" in the lower left corner of the screen like FSX? There is no lever or sound but the parking brake does hold the aircraft in place until it is released. There is no light indicating the brake is on.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Doesn't P3D give a notification of "Parking Brake on" in the lower left corner of the screen like FSX? There is no lever or sound but the parking brake does hold the aircraft in place until it is released. There is no light indicating the brake is on.
    Hi Charlie,
    Yes P3D does give the same red text notifications as FSX, I just chose to turn off all notifications which I realize is my choice.
    It's not a big problem not having notifications, but I just thought that a small innuncuator light in the panel would be kind of nice.

Regards,
    Dane Watson

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    Hi Charlie,
    Yes P3D does give the same red text notifications as FSX, I just chose to turn off all notifications which I realize is my choice.
    It's not a big problem not having notifications, but I just thought that a small innuncuator light in the panel would be kind of nice.

Regards,
    Dane Watson
    Hi Dane. and welcome.

Larry Green did the Navion project and I assure you that if it had an PB indicator, it would be on the package. He is very meticulous. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I'm surprised this discussion is even still alive considering the resources on the internet. Pretty easy to settle....

http://www.navioneer.org/riprelay/Th...ion_Manual.pdf

In the Flt Sims a squeeze of the BRAKE button on the joystick will disengage the parking brake. Too easy?
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0