P3D start's With Windows?

Thread: P3D start's With Windows?

Blog Entries

P3D start's With Windows?

Hi,
    I have a strange problem, whenever I start my Flight sim P.C Prepar3D starts automatically. I've looked in the start up program list and P3D isn't listed. The computer is only used for P3D and DCS World and never used online (apart from "registering" products), so I've absolutely no idea why P3D has started behaving in this way. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
    Ian

I have had this problem happen occasionally, and never did find a answer! Hope to get answers as well. NC

On occasion Prepar3D will not shut down completely (it's happened to me on several occasions). If you check with your "task manager" you can find it listed in the background processes. You can shut it completely down from there. I've looked on the Prepar3D forums for an answer and haven't had any luck. It's a known issue, but as I said, there appears to be no rhyme or reason for it.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    On occasion Prepar3D will not shut down completely (it's happened to me on several occasions). If you check with your "task manager" you can find it listed in the background processes. You can shut it completely down from there. I've looked on the Prepar3D forums for an answer and haven't had any luck. It's a known issue, but as I said, there appears to be no rhyme or reason for it.
    yep, i agree, its the system being shut down before p3d has completely unloaded, thus it will start up during the next boot up,

I get it all the time, i have a bad habit of hitting the power button when im done, each time i do that its there after next boot up, if i close p3d and wait a few minutes then shut down , its not there the next time i start up

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the replies, that's a logical explanation and a big help.

Thanks again,
    Ian

It's a Windows 10 "feature". It will reopen programs that are running when windows is shut down.
    Pain in the posterior if you ask me.

In case you want to permanently disable the re-opening of applications when Windows 10 starts.
    Go to the settings of Windows 10 and Accounts.

How to avoid reopening programs when restarting Windows 10

On the left, click on the connection options and position yourself at the very bottom.
    Disable the option "Use my login information to automatically finish my device configuration after an update or reboot

https://www.malekal.com/eviter-reouv...ge-windows-10/

Blog Entries
    Thanks mpni, that's really usefull.

Regards,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by mpni View Post
    In case you want to permanently disable the re-opening of applications when Windows 10 starts.
    Go to the settings of Windows 10 and Accounts.

How to avoid reopening programs when restarting Windows 10

On the left, click on the connection options and position yourself at the very bottom.
    Disable the option "Use my login information to automatically finish my device configuration after an update or reboot

https://www.malekal.com/eviter-reouv...ge-windows-10/

Tried that, but it doesn't work for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0