Heinkels emerge from the paint shop - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heinkels emerge from the paint shop

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    This will be one of the occasions many where the historical accuracy takes second place to "what's available".
    Most probably we all love the movie Battle of Britain. Where British mainly fly the Mk.IX Spitfire, instead of Hurricanes and the Mk.Ia Spitfire. The Germans fly the Hispano Aviacion Ha1112, which is more or less a Bf109 G2 with a Merlin engine, instead of the Bf109E. The bombers are all CASA 2.111B instead of Heinkel He111 and Dornier Do17 bombers. Nevertheless this movie is often praised for its authenticy.

Now looking from that perspective, you must agree that the P version is nearly identical to the H version

For me the shape of the Heinkel He111 makes it a very attractive aircraft, both the P and H version, and even the CASA share the same beautiful lines.

Cheers,
    Huub

Btw.
    I see that the product page is ready also:

https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_heinkel.php
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Didn't quite escape.
    To be fair, the authenticity that people rate that film on isn't based on the hardware, but more on the script writing and direction. It supposedly gives a reasonable account of what actually happened without being too bombastic. It is more than a little biased, but it doesn't show one Spitfire shooting down nine or ten German aircraft in a single fight a'la most war films about WW2.

There are actually a weird bunch of Spitfires and Hurricanes in the BoB film - yes, the Spanish Air Force provided most of the "enemy" aircraft, but from memory, I think it was a couple of IXs, but there was also a Vb involved somewhere. Closer, if not perfect.

The CASA aircraft were license built, not developed separately, so yeah, they will look a bit similar. :P

Cheers,

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Most probably we all love the movie Battle of Britain. Where British mainly fly the Mk.IX Spitfire, instead of Hurricanes and the Mk.Ia Spitfire. The Germans fly the Hispano Aviacion Ha1112, which is more or less a Bf109 G2 with a Merlin engine, instead of the Bf109E. The bombers are all CASA 2.111B instead of Heinkel He111 and Dornier Do17 bombers. Nevertheless this movie is often praised for its authenticy.

Now looking from that perspective, you must agree that the P version is nearly identical to the H version

For me the shape of the Heinkel He111 makes it a very attractive aircraft, both the P and H version, and even the CASA share the same beautiful lines.

Cheers,
    Huub

For the people who may not have understood.

We are not geo-locking the website area. The area will soon be deleted. This is because the files will be downloadable by all as an alternate insignia package. The onus is upon you as the end user to abide by the laws and rules of your country.

Yoyo: if you want to run the nazi symbols on your aeroplane all you will need to do is to install the alternate insignias and click agree to not hold AH culpable for any laws you might be breaking.

On a side note. In oz there are no laws about this ( odd since OZ is in the top 10 countries in the world for over regulation ! ). Despite that, my personal opinions on the symbol and what it has come to represent is that I dont run the symbol anyway. in fact I havent checked if they look correct in the sim! That's just a personal thing though.

Now its clear for me, thx for longer reply!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

When the Germans invaded the low countries on 10 May 1940 they lost 307 aircraft over the Netherlands (On one single day!). Sixteen of these were Heinkel He111s, which all but one belonged to KG4. The other one belonged to KG54. From 10 of these Heinkels the version was noted, and all were Ps with several sub-types. So in May 1940 the P version was still quite common.

Cheers,
    Huub

Any news??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Having re-watched the "Battle of Britain" I too find this a must fly aircraft....

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Having re-watched the "Battle of Britain" I too find this a must fly aircraft....
    You're not the only one. I have the "Special edition" and I even watched the complete second DVD with "the making of"

Cheers,
    Huub

When the Germans invaded the low countries on 10 May 1940 they lost 307 aircraft over the Netherlands (On one single day!). Sixteen of these were Heinkel He111s, which all but one belonged to KG4. The other one belonged to KG54. From 10 of these Heinkels the version was noted, and all were Ps with several sub-types. So in May 1940 the P version was still quite common.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Actually P's lastet at least till May 41 ( KG-55 changed in June to He-111 H , other sources ( less likely to Ju-88 A4 )
    And as P1 to P4 and H are very similar it is not uncommon that elder P'ws even under full H6 equippment was used longer

That just for Historical accuracy

Best regards

Roland

You're not the only one. I have the "Special edition" and I even watched the complete second DVD with "the making of"

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub, I need to check out where to find the "Special Edition." You undoubtedly got to see Adolph Galland being the special advisor to the production. That would be something. Nothing like having a participant as an advisor.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Here are the PBR liveries for our upcoming HE111.

Are there any further updates that could be shared..?

(Your weathered new materials pics for P3D are over the top.)

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Are there any further updates that could be shared..?

(Your weathered new materials pics for P3D are over the top.)

Luckily for everyone on FSX the weathering you see in P3d is not really as noticeable in FSX. Plus it's a piece of fun... there never was a plane that looked like this. The idea behind this was to take the one that crash landed and do a what-if.

What if farmer bloggs didnt tell the authorities that a heinkel had crash landed in his field? Instead he parked in his barn next to a type 37 bugatti and a picture of an odd woman smiling. Only 70 odd years later the grandkids were turning out the barn because they were installing 500 computers to do some bitcoin mining, when they made the chance discovery of a heinkel. ( they sold the old banger car for scrap and remixed the picture of an old woman into a skin for fortnite ). Now the more observant of you ( and there's one on facebook ) might notice that we stuck some rust on the heinkel... the heinkel was built with aluminium so this should really be oxidisation rather than rust. A little poetic licence.

In other words this is a test model to test all features features and finishes for pbr.

Updates on the heinkel are kept hush hush ... loose lips sink ships !

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Huub, I need to check out where to find the "Special Edition." You undoubtedly got to see Adolph Galland being the special advisor to the production. That would be something. Nothing like having a participant as an advisor.
    Wasn't "Ginger" Lacy also an advisor?

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Any news??
    Wow. Been a long time since the last update on the Heinkels. How about it, Baz?? Any news??
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Wow. Been a long time since the last update on the Heinkels. How about it, Baz?? Any news??
    There are updates in the P3D forum because they were testing PBR on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    There are updates in the P3D forum because they were testing PBR on them.
    Saw that. 11 days old already. Been to the website, but nothing new. Just wondering and waiting.
    -- WH

Not for this forum but full PBR on the exteriors takes a lot of work. Also, FDs and testing. There are not many genuine experts on the HE 111. We have an excellent one. As for timing, it is ready when it is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Not for this forum but full PBR on the exteriors takes a lot of work. Also, FDs and testing. There are not many genuine experts on the HE 111. We have an excellent one. As for timing, it is ready when it is ready.
    Not asking for a timeline. Thanks for everyone's efforts and the progress update. Looking forward to the release.
    -- WH

Been awful quiet around here lately, so I thought I would bump this up...

Any news to report? Still "Coming Soon" I presume? Hopefully not too long now.
    -- WH

We have been very busy on contract work which always slows us down on house projects. Manual and sounds to go and we will be ready for a release. So not long now.

Thanks, Baz. Looking forward to the release.
    -- WH

BUMP TIME...
    -- WH

INCOMING!!!!

The Heinkel HE-111-P2 is nearing its release. We are just putting the finishing touches to the models and special effects and she'll be ready. For the first time, we are offering a dedicated P3DV4.4+ version as an optional purchase. For those who fly FSX/V3 and V4.4, this option is bundled with the FSX/P3DV3+ version at a special price.
    All versions are finished in High Definition with the V4.4+ dedicated having additional PBR materials and textures and special effects.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Simply outstanding!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0