Kgs or Lbs?

Thread: Kgs or Lbs?

Icon28 Kgs or Lbs?

Looking at working out when Kgs are used and when Lbs are used.

1. Cfg seems Lbs.

2. airfile?

3. Allied bombs I assume Lbs

3. Axis bombs, while saying Kgs are they actually in Kgs or Lbs?

4. Null pylons?

Really the same clarification in distance measurements.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Hi,

I raised the same question in connection with my Eurofighter (Europe !! not a US fighter ) and the answer is :

All in lbs !
    All distances in: nm

If you want to know on how the standards are for WWII aircraft like the ME 109 for example, the units will be Kg and Km/h etc..

Dietmar

Definitely not as simple as that.

1. Aircraft.cfg - imperial. Weights in lbs, speeds in knots, measurements in feet. Fuel capacities in US gallons, engine boost pressures in inches of mercury.

2. airfile - imperial. Weights in lbs, speeds in knots, measurements in feet.

3. Allied bombs - metric. Case in point, the stock a_500lb bomb, Mass="226.8".

3. Axis bombs - metric. Case in point, the stock g_sc500 bomb, Mass="500".

4. Null pylons - metric. Everything in guns, pylons and weapons is metric.

Hi,
    I guess I missed the point that this is the CFS3 section. My comments are related to the FSX simulator in where in the aircraft.cfg also the payloads like bombs and missiles are in lbs and feet. So, sorry I am not the right person for answer questions related to CFS3 internals.
    However, as ar as the panel displays are concerned the simulator should be neutral.

Dietmar

Quote Originally Posted by Dietmar View Post
    ... as far as the panel displays are concerned the simulator should be neutral.
    It is - it’s up to the modeller to scale panel gauges appropriately, be they Imperial, Metric or Interstellar. Just kidding on the last one and btw, CFS3 doesn’t use FS style 2D panels or gauges.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0