Hello, introduction, and here's a few repaints!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, introduction, and here's a few repaints!

Hello, introduction, and here's a few repaints!

Hello everyone,

I've been a long-term lurker here, and always enjoyed reading the forum. I've signed up as a member just the other day, I get very little time for FSX these days and was actually going to uninstall the program soon (it takes up so much hd space!), but thought it better I share some of my humble contributions before dumping them in the recycle bin. I highly doubt I'll be a regular poster, but it just seemed fair as I've always been a huge fan of fs warbirds.

Here's a couple of well-known paints I've done for the RealAir Spitfire IX. It's a nice model, even though it's now over 10 years old it still holds up well.

MH434

MV154

PL344

I'm currently trying to upload these to the library, pending approval.

I've got plenty of others knocking about, will upload soon when I have the time.

Cheers.

Welcome and especially the Czech Spit looks very nice

Cheers,
    Huub

Very nice work Avi8tor. Welcome to Sim Outhouse, the premier flight sim forum of all time. You can tell I am prejudice.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Welcome, and I absolutely love your choices of repaints, all of which are superbly done! I always prefer depictions of warbirds that fly today the most in Flight Sim, and these are clearly very well researched and very accurately done. SL633 is of course the Mk.IX owned/operated by the Historic Flight Foundation based at Paine Field in Everett, Washington. PL344 is the Mk.IX owned/operated by Tom Blair, based in Maryland. MV154 (painted as MT928) is owned/operated by MaxAlpha Aviation in Germany (the first Spitfire to be registered in Germany since WWII - still has the original 1944 signature in the cockpit from its female delivery pilot, Mary Ellis), and of course MH434 needs no introduction.

I'm looking forward to adding all of these to my hangar, and any/all others you may have/produce!

Lovely repaints to be sure! I'm certain we're all hoping that you won't uninstall FsX anytime soon and share with us any other repaints you have done...or will do in the future.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Welcome and they look very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Very nice work Avi8tor. Welcome to Sim Outhouse, the premier flight sim forum of all time. You can tell I am prejudice.
    Certainly the easiest to navigate and with the nicest people. Flight sim's version of what iModeler is for us model builders! Love it here.

Nice repaints Avi8tor! The first one out of the gate is my favorite. Nice and clean, showing just enough exhaust streaking like a proper warbird. Just how I like 'em! (I also like the rippling of the sheet metal on the cowling!)

Thanks very much everyone for your responses and kind words!

The first two should be in the library by now.

Here's a couple more screenshots.

The RealAir Spitfire is still a great model with some nice features and variants. The systems simulations are a little "funky" (pneumatic system/ CSU not functioning) but it flies very smoothly and handles well, especially in aerobatics.

Look forward to getting more uploaded, greatly appreciate the enthusiasm.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Great repaints, I love repaints of warbirds that are still flying today, I'll be sure to download the current ones and any more that you upload.

Thanks!
    Jamie

welcome,

new talent is always warmly welcomed

Great paints! Welcome aboard!
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

avi8tor4321

I have a better idea. Instead of dumping everything, why not buy yourself a cheap hard drive and transfer all your flightsim stuff over so they can all be saved. There might come a day when you desire to get re-involved in FSX and will kick yourself for having dumped all your flightsim files. Just something to think about.

This is so awesome. Thank you for those repaints, I love modern warbirds!

wonderful paints, one can never have enough spitfires..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thank you, very nice work.
    Looking forward to what ever else you decide to share...

Hi A,
    Very nice Spit re-paints.

Ha ha thought I recognised that uphill runway. Do you fly out of Compton? I fly now and again with a friend of mine, good atmosphere there.

Cheers

Shessi

Your screenshots are like paintings. Top Shelf! More! More!
    -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I've been really enjoying these a lot! My new favorite among depictions of MH434.

Is the PL344 repaint up in the library yet....can't seem to find it

Hello all again,
    Sorry for the slow responses- as I said I get very little time for FSX these days sadly.
    My bad, I'll upload PL344 hopefully today and get some others online in due course.

It means so much to me to see people enjoying these paints- I tried to get them as authentic and close to the real examples as possible.
    Thanks to Bomber 12th for the great screenshots too- so pleased to see.

Here's a few more different ones I'll hopefully get up soon.
    A2A Accusim Spitfire I.

P9374

X4650

AR213

A2A P-51 Civilian Miss Velma

Have also done Big Beautiful Doll for the Warbirdsim P-51 Restored Part 2

Last edited by avi8tor4321; October 6th, 2018 at 21:46.

Also Nooky Booky IV for P-51 Restored Part 1

and an early war scheme for the RealAir Spit

Members who have read this thread: 1