RAF Badge Identification?

Thread: RAF Badge Identification?

RAF Badge Identification?

Hi there, can anyone of the RAF aficionados here identify the badge and the titling carried by this Beverley? Background colour seems to be red...

Last edited by mjahn; September 30th, 2018 at 22:26. Reason: revised spelling of 'color'.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Hi there, can anyone of the RAF aficionados here identify the badge and the titling carried by this Beverley? Background colour seems to be red...

Did you try to post an image Manfred? As I am not able to see it.

Cheers,
    Huub

Try a page reload Huub? Perhaps you were too quick... I can see the pic in both of our posts?

Hi, second post down in link, seems to be Coat of Arms for Abingdon, Beverlys based at RAF Abingdon

https://www.pprune.org/aviation-hist...os-wanted.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abingdon-on-Thames

hope this helps

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2021
    When I was stationed at RAF Colerne in the late 50's, the station was awarded the freedom of the city of Bath. Thereafter, all of our Hastings were decorated with the coat of arms of the city.

I assume something similar happened at Abingdon.

Den.

Thanks guys, that's very helpful. Lovely picture, too, YoYo. Indeed, Abingdon is the logical place. If somebody should happen to come across a larger version I'd be very grateful for a link; if not,it's not too difficult to DIY.

Try a page reload Huub? Perhaps you were too quick... I can see the pic in both of our posts?
    Its depending the network I'm on. At home I can see the picture, when I'm mobile network I can't.......

Thanks guys, that's very helpful. Lovely picture, too, YoYo. Indeed, Abingdon is the logical place. If somebody should happe to come across a larger version I'd be very grateful for a link; if not,it's not too difficult to DIY.
    Click on the second link in Ian's post. It will provide a better image. When you click this image you will get the Coat of Arms from Abingdon in high resolution. (like below, but as it will be in png, you will be able to save transparency....)

Cheers,
    Huub

Right, thanks Huub!

Edit, yes I'm happy with that...'ABINGDON' just about legible.

Last edited by mjahn; October 2nd, 2018 at 00:39.

Just testing some stuff. Here is the single A&AEE experimentally established in slightly weathered shape (ignore wrong decals). If you click on the video link you can even see her doing a GCA approach, hopefully.

Haven't yet found a way to embed the video link properly, try the simple version:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/298638461

Looking really good!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue