SWS Nimitz on its way :)

Thread: SWS Nimitz on its way :)

SWS Nimitz on its way :)

We've been working on this project for almost a year and after our texture artist has painted most of the ship we are ready to show you some previews of the beast!

The USS Nimitz is a highly detailed rendition of the real ship. It includes detailed walkable areas such as the catwalks, hangar deck, engine shop and fan tail. Performance is very good so far, but we will also provide a "light" version which will not include the hangar level.

Work is also going into our carrier tech which will get some important new features and upgrades, some of which will also benefit the Phantom & Midway. The carrier will feature animations such as animated arrestor cables, elevators, animated crew, parked aircraft (with a much improved system), customizable lighting, an improved interaction system and much more!

A P3Dv4 version featuring current and retro versions of the Nimitz will be released, including a Kaiser class replenishment oiler which has been kindly provided to us by Javier and we will update a bit to today's standards. Sister ships will follow as separate upgrade packs, each modeled with its own, unique intricacies and great attention to detail. A separate FSX version is under planning & consideration as well, but with certain v4 features not being available for that platform.

Lastly, the Nimitz is the first in a series of naval aviation projects planned and will serve as a tech demonstrator and stepping stone for cool things coming down the road.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SWS_Nimitz_20180930_Parked_Hornet.jpg   SWS_Nimitz_20180930_Starboard.jpg   SWS_Nimitz_20180930_Stern.jpg   SWS_Nimitz_20180930_Top.jpg   SWS_Nimitz_20180930_Cat4Launch.jpg  

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Great work!

Maybe WWII carrier one day also with SWS quality (and working arrestor cables)?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wauw... this is going to be fun... Javier Fernandez's Nimitz has always been a favorite but what you show there will take it to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Wauw... this is going to be fun... Javier Fernandez's Nimitz has always been a favorite but what you show there will take it to a new level.
    Agree, time to update and the features on the current SWS ships are very cool to watch like the a-cable run-out and hope the future AI models adapt to the bigger boat. Nice use of the FSXBA Legacy Hornet in the WIP shots.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Nimitz is good also for incoming Dino's C-2 Greyhound and E-2C Hawkeye.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nimitz is good also for incoming Dino's C-2 Greyhound and E-2C Hawkeye.
    I am totally waiting for that to come out!

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    I am totally waiting for that to come out!

Yes! I keep commenting on Dino's posts that I am beyond ready for his Greyhound and Hawkeye (the C-2 more than the E-2, actually!)...... NC

Your Nimitz looks OUTSTANDING, Alex!

Sorry guys i'm the responsible sod for beating a nice clean boat up... no doubt Alex will be handing me a 1 inch brush as punishment at some point!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-10-1_2-0-28-392.jpg  

Wow, that's looking great! I really have to get my AI carrier software set up in P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Wow, that's looking great! I really have to get my AI carrier software set up in P3D.
    No need . All our ships come with our own software for that purpose (you can also save flights starting on deck).

Matt, one inch is too wide for what you've done. I will give you a single hair brush...

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Wow! Stunning information indeed. This will go great with so many upcoming (Dino) releases, as well as past ones indeed. Thank you for the preview.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Wow, double wow!
    Will the retro version resemble that 1979 version as depicted in "The Final Countdown"? I was just 10 when the movie came out and I watched it at least half a dozen times in the cinema back then. Especially the scenes with the VF-84 Tomcats duking it out with the "Zeroes" (AT-6) left a deep impression on me little kid.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Wow, double wow!
    Will the retro version resemble that 1979 version as depicted in "The Final Countdown"? I was just 10 when the movie came out and I watched it at least half a dozen times in the cinema back then. Especially the scenes with the VF-84 Tomcats duking it out with the "Zeroes" (AT-6) left a deep impression on me little kid.
    The modern variants will be 2017 & 2010. The exact retro versions that will be included haven't been decided but this movie is going to be watched for reference (not historical, of course).

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

When I was at my first duty station, Pax River, 73-76, the Nimitz was a new ship, going through its paces.....

Looks very nice, Alex.

Fixed the '68' area lighting to stop it looking bleached out and now more illuminated.... trying to convince Alex to find a way to add a slight white dynamic light effect to it so i had to go have a sail up and down the English Channel... just for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    Fixed the '68' area lighting to stop it looking bleached out and now more illuminated.... trying to convince Alex to find a way to add a slight white dynamic light effect to it so i had to go have a sail up and down the English Channel... just for fun!
    That is a stunning shot and great immersion with the background! Looking forward to this release too.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Superb screenshot of a super model indeed !
    Very impressive.

Bring it on! Fly NAVY.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Fly NAVY.
    Sail Army.
    Walk sideways.

Dave

Nimitz is getting there

Really looking forward to all features - will be a true hard challenge to try to land on it with AI, real weather options and vLSO....
    Great rain effect btw...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 0