RAAF Base Richmond released

Thread: RAAF Base Richmond released

RAAF Base Richmond released

Another great RAAF scenery by Flightsimdev (aka Lawrence Nichols) is available via his own website.

This time it's RAAF Base Richmond, which is located not far from Sydney, Australia.

https://flightsimdev.com/

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Lawrence! The screenshots look very nice. Downloading now.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks mate. This will be a great addon.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks for the headsup! Nice military scenery indeed!
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Thank you, Lawrence! Goes well with your Williamtown and Pearce!

Thank you, Lawrence for making these wonderful versions of military airbases ,
    your superb efforts are greatly appreciated .

I ran the default Richmond before I loaded yours , what a world of difference ,
    yours is stunning .
    I now have 4 of your RAAF airbases ,
    YAMB - Amberley
    YWLM - Williamtown
    YSRI - Richmond
    and
    YPEA - Pearce

The first 3 being in reasonably close proximity to each other make for great fights using them .
    Love them all , but Amberley remains my personal favorite.

Cheers
    Karol

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2_Richmond.jpg   1_Richmond.jpg  

Hi Karol
    Could you tell me where I can download a copy of RAAF Amberley from this developer because that is the RAAF base I really need.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by COBS View Post
    Thank you, Lawrence for making these wonderful versions of military airbases ,
    your superb efforts are greatly appreciated .

I ran the default Richmond before I loaded yours , what a world of difference ,
    yours is stunning .
    I now have 4 of your RAAF airbases ,
    YAMB - Amberley
    YWLM - Williamtown
    YSRI - Richmond
    and
    YPEA - Pearce

The first 3 being in reasonably close proximity to each other make for great fights using them .
    Love them all , but Amberley remains my personal favorite.

Cheers
    Karol

You guys are very welcome, and thank you so much for the comments I work hard on making these look life like but not accurate at the same time, Currently working on a remake of Amberley and at the same time doing RAAF Base Edinburgh in South Australia, its going to take some time expect it late 2019 early 2020.

You guys will be the first to be informed, this time around I will release things in stages, part 1 2 3 4 5 etc, so you can see it grow as I do.

Don't forget to visit my website from time to time flightsimdev.com

Cheers
    Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Hi Karol
    Could you tell me where I can download a copy of RAAF Amberley from this developer because that is the RAAF base I really need.

Regards Paul Day.

Amberley is not downloadable atm, I had issues on flightsim.com and took it down, I could build it up for you and give you a copy but it's in bits will take me a couple of days to remake those bits, I'll see what I can do, but it was only FS9 models made to work in FSX, wouldn't work in P3D at all

"Amberley is not downloadable atm, I had issues on flightsim.com and took it down, I could build it up for you and give you a copy but it's in bits will take me a couple of days to remake those bits, I'll see what I can do, but it was only FS9 models made to work in FSX, wouldn't work in P3D at all "

Lawrence,

I presently have your YAMB installed on my FltSim. It appears to work very well. I have watched aircraft take off and land and have not noticed any thing untoward with the scenery.
    P3Dv3 with Orbx Australia, FTX Base, FTX Vector, etc.

However I do have a problem with YWLM - most of the asphalt and concrete has been removed ! The grass is well maintained, though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7SWNBHc.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    "Amberley is not downloadable atm, I had issues on flightsim.com and took it down, I could build it up for you and give you a copy but it's in bits will take me a couple of days to remake those bits, I'll see what I can do, but it was only FS9 models made to work in FSX, wouldn't work in P3D at all "

Lawrence,

I presently have your YAMB installed on my FltSim. It appears to work very well. I have watched aircraft take off and land and have not noticed any thing untoward with the scenery.
    P3Dv3 with Orbx Australia, FTX Base, FTX Vector, etc.

However I do have a problem with YWLM - most of the asphalt and concrete has been removed ! The grass is well maintained, though.

Looks to me the photoreal is non existent try moving the scenery up in FSX above ORBX

Lawrence

Ah, but the scenery 'tis way above any ORBX scenery.
    What is the photoreal .bgl name ? I have looked for it, but . . .
    (perhaps the lads that maintain the lawns took it as they wanted a bit more job security !)

Ah, but the scenery 'tis way above any ORBX scenery.
    What is the photoreal .bgl name ? I have looked for it, but . . .
    (perhaps the lads that maintain the lawns took it as they wanted a bit more job security !)
    if you can and know how to, open Scruffy duck's ADE and open the afcad file, sometimes with p3d v3 taxiways and aprons become invisible you just need to check the afcad and see if the the draw surface is ticked or not, lots of fsx Afcads both payware and freeware have this problem in p3d v3 onwards

it might be as simple as that

Thanks Matt, that wasn't it. All aprons and taxiways were checked properly. I started looking around and found six landclass files up in C dirve where the installer placed them, I moved them to proper folder and all is well.
    (they were each labeled - LC, so I guess the grounds maintenance lads thought it meant 'lawn care' and put them away for their use )

glad you sorted it relatively easy

Thanks Matt, that wasn't it. All aprons and taxiways were checked properly. I started looking around and found six landclass files up in C dirve where the installer placed them, I moved them to proper folder and all is well.
    (they were each labeled - LC, so I guess the grounds maintenance lads thought it meant 'lawn care' and put them away for their use )

I asked the guys at flightsim.com to change the installer uploaded! did it get done? NO, has it ever been done? NO, is the one their now the updated one I gave them? NO, this is why I don't use FS.com anymore! plus the fact they slow download speeds, the first installer had issues and didn't add it to your sim correctly, many of the bad installers got shared around, no one ever contacted me directly but would prefer to just say bad things on forums.

The corrected version is on my website NEW installer was made TODAY is only done because I keep hearing the same issues over and over.

Depending where you install it, all you'll have to do is move the effects to where your FS/P3D effects folder is located, nothing has changed apart from maybe the dates and names of the files, the link on my website should be updated in about an hour.

Regards
    Lawrence

That's great, Lawrence. The installer I had/have offered to install where ever I wanted. However it would not let me chose any thing but C drive.
    So I installed to C then moved the file/folders to my P3D drive. I missed the Scenery/Global/scenery folder. It only took me a little while looking
    for a photo scenery file to realize what I'd missed.
    Again many thanks for Richmond, Williamtown, Amberley, Pearce, Point Cook, etc. I'll probably never get to Oz, but with mates like you, Ant, ORBX
    and Google Earth, I can visit any time I wish. (and no 16 hour flight to get there)

Joe

Members who have read this thread: 0