RAAF Base Richmond released

Thread: RAAF Base Richmond released

RAAF Base Richmond released

Another great RAAF scenery by Flightsimdev (aka Lawrence Nichols) is available via his own website.

This time it's RAAF Base Richmond, which is located not far from Sydney, Australia.

https://flightsimdev.com/

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Another great RAAF scenery by Flightsimdev (aka Lawrence Nichols) is available via his own website.

This time it's RAAF Base Richmond, which is located not far from Sydney, Australia.

https://flightsimdev.com/

Cheers,
    Looks like its only for FSX....!?!

if he hasnt made them 64bit friendly yeah timmy they wont appear same problem we had with OZX, plus the fact that some fsx animations wont appear ie windsocks etc unless theyre coded by sode

Ive had some problems with his fsx scenery in 64bit which resulted in some CTDs and complete removal from the system, so please excuse me im not jumping to rush and install this straight away until its confirmed its 64bit friendly

Have you guys tried using his P3D bases? Or are those 32bit P3D? I used to have his Pearce Airbase in FSX and I really enjoyed it. I would love to have it in P3D again.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    if he hasnt made them 64bit friendly yeah timmy they wont appear same problem we had with OZX, plus the fact that some fsx animations wont appear ie windsocks etc unless theyre coded by sode

Ive had some problems with his fsx scenery in 64bit which resulted in some CTDs and complete removal from the system, so please excuse me im not jumping to rush and install this straight away until its confirmed its 64bit friendly
    I create all my airport on a 64bit operating system for a 32bit program, you can't encode in 64bit, FSX wouldn't run it, and P3D would spit the dummy, my airport also work in X-Plane once converted, except the photo-real.

If you get CTD I would check your FSX.cfg file and make sure you haven't made an error in it, if everything else works and my airport causes the crash it's not always that simple, it could be anything like a GUID being repeated, maybe I have one created that got used in another scenery by someone else, highly unlikely but very possible, I also check these between my airports to make sure I don't repeat them, it could be anything, but I would suspect a texture issue going between one airport and mine, have you checked every texture to make sure it's a multiple of 4, if one is wrong FSX will spit the dummy and so will P3D, load my airport and go in the other direction, it should crash the same, check also you're not mixing FS9 scenery and FSX together, that's common mistake and causes of many Crashes to desktop

Cheers
    Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimdev View Post
    I create all my airport on a 64bit operating system for a 32bit program, you can't encode in 64bit, FSX wouldn't run it, and P3D would spit the dummy, my airport also work in X-Plane once converted, except the photo-real.

If you get CTD I would check your FSX.cfg file and make sure you haven't made an error in it, if everything else works and my airport causes the crash it's not always that simple, it could be anything like a GUID being repeated, maybe I have one created that got used in another scenery by someone else, highly unlikely but very possible, I also check these between my airports to make sure I don't repeat them, it could be anything, but I would suspect a texture issue going between one airport and mine, have you checked every texture to make sure it's a multiple of 4, if one is wrong FSX will spit the dummy and so will P3D, load my airport and go in the other direction, it should crash the same, check also you're not mixing FS9 scenery and FSX together, that's common mistake and causes of many Crashes to desktop

Cheers
    Lawrence
    Lawrence you might be a bit confused, this isnt the fsx forum its the p3dv4 forum, im not talking about windows OS 64bit im talking about 64bit sim p3dv4 & SDK, there is a difference with basic fsx/fs9 objects (32bit) and p3dv4 (64bit) objects

Theres a lot of fsx scenery that doesnt work in p3dv4 due to the difference in the SDK, i was there when we at OZx had to recomplie all their objects in 64bit native for p3dv4

while it make work fine in fsx and p3d v1-3, it may have the opposite in P3dv4 as the compiling sdk mdl definitions is different than its 32bit counterparts, this is why some mdls cant be ported with programs like MCX

hence why im not keen on installing dated code into a new sim platform that is not 100% supported as its well known and documented to cause problems

Gents,Loz has closed down this website and his download section no longer has any links.I have YAMB, YWLM and YPEA if anybody needs them - but I am missing RAAF Base Richmond. Anybody have this handy?Would be super if Laurie were to agree to allow these to be hosted here or somewhere - or perhaps they already are?EDIT: I did manage to located RAAF Richmond in my files, testing it now. But the offer here stands, if anybody needs a share...
    Last edited by Ripcord; May 23rd, 2020 at 07:00.

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    Gents,Loz has closed down this website and his download section no longer has any links.I have YAMB, YWLM and YPEA if anybody needs them - but I am missing RAAF Base Richmond. Anybody have this handy?Would be super if Laurie were to agree to allow these to be hosted here or somewhere - or perhaps they already are?EDIT: I did manage to located RAAF Richmond in my files, testing it now. But the offer here stands, if anybody needs a share...
    Did you try this, from his note at what was his web site?

My scenery that was on this website is still available from me directly via OneDrive, or alternatively search for flightsimdev on YouTube and you should find the links there.

And you can watch a video while it downloads.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​The links to his OneDrive on Youtube don't work. Would love to see them hosted here as I would get the 4 listed on his Youtube as well as Amberly.

The four listed on his Youtube are: Gin Gin, Pearce, Williamtown and Richmond. Matt is checking if he has Richmond but still need the others.
    Last edited by AussieMan; May 23rd, 2020 at 20:57.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Mike

I may have richmond save on a hd somewhere, I had a look at it once and removed it due to some conflicts with other local scenery

But i tend to download stuff and horde it on an external hd, so i will run a search on the 2 downloads drives and see if i have it

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Thanks Matt.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

nope, i no longer have any of them, i assume when i removed his files i deleted them as well

Members who have read this thread: 0