Stopping the game generated nose art and colour tags

Thread: Stopping the game generated nose art and colour tags

Stopping the game generated nose art and colour tags

What is the best way to stop the game generated nose art and color tags on aircraft?

Can you just remove the noseart and color files from inside the uires folder that the .mos file calls for or do you have to edit the mos files individually?

If they need editing how is this done to just remove those 2 things? Hex editing or do you have to use the mosfile editor?

I cant for the life of me remember and a search here on the forum didnt highlight anything related to stopping the noseart or color tags which I find strange considering Im sure it was a question that was asked a lot when we first got our hands on CFS3

If you just straight up remove the .mos files you loose the bullet holes if I remember right but does the damage still show up?
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Mixxer,

The easiest way is to replace the texture files with versions that contain a full black alpha channel applied. which basically makes the images invisible in game. this will save you editing a multitude of .MOS files.

This is what I did for the ETO addon. if you don't have the ETO addon. send me your email in a PM and I'll zip up the required files and send them to you.

If you remove the MOS files you will not see any damage on the surfaces of the aircraft it belonged too.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

I thought they defaulted to not having any decals applied unless you specifically selected them. It's been a very long time since I've seen one in game in any of my installs.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Major,

That's the case for player selected aircraft, but AI aircraft will still display them, which spoils any historically correct textures.

In addition to ETO I also did the same thing for Rising Sun, PTO and I'm pretty sure its in Clive's BoB install. if your installs are based off any of these addons that could explain why your not seeing them.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi Mixxer,

The easiest way is to replace the texture files with versions that contain a full black alpha channel applied. which basically makes the images invisible in game. this will save you editing a multitude of .MOS files.

This is what I did for the ETO addon. if you don't have the ETO addon. send me your email in a PM and I'll zip up the required files and send them to you.

If you remove the MOS files you will not see any damage on the surfaces of the aircraft it belonged too.

regards Rob.
    Thanks for the offer and the info Rob, I have access to the PTO expansion so I will gab the edited versions of colours and noseart files from there.
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Members who have read this thread: 0