Community A-4E

Thread: Community A-4E

Community A-4E

I`d like to raise awareness of this little scooter, as I imagine that most of you don`t venture through the dark corners of the ED forums.

Freeware. Fully armed and with clickable cockpit.

Will hopefully launch by the end of October.

Sweet!!! Does it have it's own Flight Model? Or is it based on another module? Either way....Fantastic News!!!

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Sweet!!! Does it have it's own Flight Model? Or is it based on another module? Either way....Fantastic News!!!
    It does have it`s own flight model, and apparently does hit the numbers fairly well, but it is limited by the fact the team does not have access to the restricted SDK.

So probably not up to "PFM" standards or whatever they are calling it today.

Thank You!

Patrick

Very nice. Like the wake on that ship.

Scooter! I'm okay with an okay flight model as long as I can fly from/to the boat.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

October Update

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GEEPEVz.jpg   Fma3nhg.jpg   rTEILm8.jpg  

Patrick

Very nice, especially the VC cockpit as far as I can see.

However, be careful of what you call an A-4E. The baseline A-4E did not have the avionics hump, and a J-52 P-6 engine. This is more representative of the baseline A-4F and various export versions, with the uprated P8 engine.

Now Available
    NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

The Community A-4E-C Mod is the culmination of nearly three years of work on behalf of seven driven team members and many vital advisors. We’re proud to present the most comprehensive DCS Mod to date, boasting such capabilities as Air to Ground Radar and Carrier Operations. The A-4 was a cold war workhorse, providing a capable, reliable light attack aircraft to dozens of nations around the world. From the Sinai Desert to the Jungles of Vietnam, the A-4 was a common sight above cold war battlefields.
    We thank the community for their support over the years, through good times and bad. This work has been a journey with many faces along the way, and we dedicate it to our friend, mentor and lead coder Eric “Gosapadin” Mudama. His passion and brilliance left a mark on us all, and we are proud to share with you this labor of love which would not have been possible without him.
    Download HERE: https://goo.gl/DXz7XF

• Merker

Patrick

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Patrick! It is not (yet) on the ED site (user files) so I might have missed it had you not posted the link here.
    Best regards,
    Stickshaker

Is there any reason the View Pan doesn't work in the VC? My DCS is set to default for my Saitek X-56 for the main Hat switch but it doesn't work for Pan on either the VC nor External views.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm sorry,I have not installed this yet,If you're having troubles probably better going to DCS Forums

Patrick

Solved the issue, I had to manually assign all the POV Hat entries. I assume that most if not all of the payware aircraft modules have this pre-assigned but in this case it wasn't. No big deal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Had to reset everything again for this one, but great 1st flight. Dropped some bombs, rockets and the cannon. The simplified flight model is pretty evident, but still it's a free Scooter! Boat next.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0