WWII AAF U.S. Training Airfields - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWII AAF U.S. Training Airfields

No Hawthorne

After spending the last 6 hours working on this...implementing suggestions...instead of better it gets worse. For now I am just stepping back and stopping working on this. Maybe I will take it up again. I apologize to both Falcon409 and Dietmar Loleit who both took a lot of time to try and help me get this to a realeaseable state. Now with all the changes I made I can't get back to any previous version. Very frustrated

A Final Check

With Dietmar's and Falcon409's help on this I believe that I will finally have a releasable working version of this by the end of the weekend and will post a link to download it here. I really appreciate both of them taking the time to help us get this working and looking good.

Spoke Too Soon

Well, it seems that a final version with no bugs was not to be. Dietmar just sent me screen shots from his computer by PM with problems but my computer it looks and performs perfectly. Go figure! With that in mind though, I am not going to release it here to the general membership but just keep it for myself. If anyone wants a copy of MY final version, there is nothing in it to the best of my knowledge to do any harm to your computer, but ground poly on Dietmar's computer doesn't mesh together but as i said mine is perfect. That is the issue, autogen come through his field. There is no charge, just PM me if you want a copy. BTW. It did not harm Falcon409's at all either. In my opinion and I don't know why it seems to be a computer compatibility issue. What one computer sees is different on another's computer. In any case I am through fooling with it and going back to flying and having fun not frustration. The airfield and base, the ai flight plans and the sound effects all work perfectly on my FSX Acceleration Box with Windows 7 64 bit on a midgrade 2 years old Acer laptop with an Intel graphics card. No high end anything and I get 20-25 fps and no VASI issues at all. My post is now closed.

Good News

I got a PM last week after my offer above from one of our members who asked for this AAF which I sent him the complete download with sounds, animated flag AND ai traffic. He was thrilled with it and sent me photos I am posting below. It works in ALL sim versions he tested it in including P3DV4.3 but the ai doesn't work in V4 because the aircraft is an FS9 portover not 64 bit. Even ai works in V3 though. I am posting a few of his shots below. After seeing it in V4 I wish I had the horsepower to run it because its beautiful.

this is Haygood Aux Field P3DV4

This is Hawthorne Aero School P3DV4\

This is Hawthorne Aero School in FSX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HAW2_P3Dv4.jpg   KHAW_P3Dv4.jpg   KHAW_FSX_2.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0