Carenado DA62 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carenado DA62 released

Beautiful model and only $34.95 USD, not bad at all.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Another nifty GA for my (over crowded) hanger.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Sean FTW!!!! Given how he has supported RealAir customers since they ceased operations, and mostly because the quality of his FS products is unquestioned, I certainly won't be spending my money on the Carenado eye candy.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Oh Lordy, Lordy Lordy.

Sorry Carenado, got a few of yours in my hangar but in this case, something most definitely better has come along.

GIMME!
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Just a thought but is this coincidental or what?
    Carenado use outside developers as 'sub contractors' like some of the other major players.

Why would two of exactly the same subjects appear within (roughly) 24 hours?
    I'll be adopting a wait and see attitude as I don't believe in coincidence.
    Last edited by wombat666; September 28th, 2018 at 18:07. Reason: Clarification

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Carenado often use outside developers to market their wares under their label.
    What? Care to explain?

An announcement that they are working on it is a long way from a released product, which Carenado now has. We all have seen many announcements that a release is imminent only to see nothing for years. Obviously the Vertx Flight Simulation team wanted to get the word out before everyone who wants a DA62 gets Carenado’s excellent product.
    Last edited by blanston12; September 28th, 2018 at 08:13.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

+1 Furthermore I don't consider it exactly fair or polite to hijack a thread almost immediately and link it to a competitors product which hasn't even been released.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
    +1 Furthermore I don't consider it exactly fair or polite to hijack a thread almost immediately and link it to a competitors product which hasn't even been released.
    I have to agree with this. Not that I decided anything but it does seem a little rude. Should have started another thread.

LouP

What? Care to explain?
    Curiosity on my part.
    Nothing more.
    Scotty wasn't attempting to 'hijack' the thread, probably just as intrigued as YHS.
    And yes, any revival of 'Real Air Quality' is worth knowing about.

FWIW the Carenado DA46 already resides in one of my GA Hangers.

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I have to agree with this. Not that I decided anything but it does seem a little rude. Should have started another thread.

LouP
    I was simply sharing information pertinent to the topic. People can make up their own minds if they want one or the other, or both.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

if Carenado had themselves announced their new product here and someone immediately posted a competitor that would be rude...but we're just a couple of people talking publicly about topics of interest in this thread IMPO
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm really surprised performance here, in P3D I have here 80-100 fps with G1000 in VC! What is was impossible before in models with G1000 of Carenado (30-40 fps). Really good job on optimization.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well, I for one am glad to have been told about the alternative from Vertex. It saved me a heart-ache

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Well, I for one am glad to have been told about the alternative from Vertex. It saved me a heart-ache
    I for two am glad also to be informed about an alternative for the DA-62.

After all, none of us work for Carenado or Vertex...do we? - we're simply a bunch of pilots in search of the best simulated aircraft to launch at the virtual skies.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I fully agree that it's nice to know that an (most likely at least systems wise) better DA62 is in the works. It's just the way it has been communicated that's not ok IMO, especially since newly released planes do get a sticky here.
    Just take a look at the P3D forum concerning the Vertx DA62...

Such negativity for Carenado, I have several of there aircraft and have never been disappointed. I also have several RealAir aircraft that Sean worked on and like them also, but lets not judge how much better the Vertex version will be when its not even released.
    Joe Cusick

Don't forget that the Carenado DA62 is also for FSX whereas the Vertx DA62 will obviously be P3Dv4 only. That's quite important, considering that this is still the FSX forum.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have mostly all Carenado planes,i buy from others and end up removing them because i prefer the Carenado products by far,i never have any of the issues most of you complain about...BUT i also like Walmart,i think they have good prices and in my area,the walmarts have NOT taken away from other small town shops,if anything theyve added products we couldnt get here,,the reason i make the comparison?...because im offended when people constantly hate on other products and businesses with no real cause.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Great pics! Maybe I will have to add this to my wish list after all, next time it goes on sale I will have to grab it (along with the D18 which I am also waiting to go on sale).
    Joe Cusick

Does anyone have it yet for FSX?

How are the frame rates for avg setups in FSX?

Quote Originally Posted by jpmouse View Post
    How are the frame rates for avg setups in FSX?
    Quite difficult for me to say about FPS in FSX (P3D only) but I think they are near similar.
    The package incudes LITE version also (fps friendly), but the regular version is optimalized very well:

Here it was 60-80 fps with G1000.

Members who have read this thread: 1