Boeing Wins T-X Competition! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boeing Wins T-X Competition!

Oh man Dino, I would love to have this in flightsim! You're the best!

BTW, if anyone is interested in how Boeing won, this article really explains it; Boeing's eye watering T-X bid.

The nameplate will say Boeing but I'll know it as a McDonnell Douglas bird! Nice to see the St. Louis manufacturing facility get the win.
    https://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...d95e682a8.html

Brings back memories of my just-out-of-school engineer days walking down the F-15, AV8B and F-18 assembly lines.

Just the very first attempts in importing the mesh after the polycount optimization... this seems to be a very good starting point.
    Given the schedule of my other projects, it may take a 8-10 months to complete a Beta - it seems to be a good "gap filler" project (meaning those projects you work on when you are not in the right mood to tackle the boring bits of others!).
    As for the TA-4J I am doing, I am trying to build it from the beginning with potential compatibility with other simulators in mind ;-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    As for the TA-4J I am doing, I am trying to build it from the beginning with potential compatibility with other simulators in mind ;-)
    I already read your conversion experience report for that "other simulator". It was quite helpful, even for a Blender user.

Just another screen with some tweaks and additions... depending on the available information, this project may take 8-10 months to complete...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image6.jpg  

I reckon I can wait that long......

.....just...

Dino, it is okay to take a break and sleep ever so often! Nice job, I agree with resource material being limited, at least there are a few vids on the Boeing site.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I have read somewhere that the cockpit will be reconfigurable for F-22, F-16 and F-15. Take your pick of which one you want to do.

I am very excited for this!

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

...completely retextured, all geometry imported and optimized for real time simulation and basic animation in place. Seems a cool project for 2019 (along with the TA-4J)!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image12.jpg   Image9.jpg   Image11.jpg   Image10.jpg  

Wow, nice job Dino. Thanks for all of the great work you've done for we simmers over the years and these very cool designs you're working on now (C-2/E-2, TA-4J, the T-X).

Great work indeed sir! You are a machine, since your pace of development is just not humanly possible. Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the entire fleet you are working on.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    It's definitely a love child . I was thinking Alpha Jet and Hornet.
    So if we call Hornets "Bug" will the T-X gain popularity as "Larva"???

...well, this and the TA-4J are basically diversions while I am gathering the energies for the E-2/C-2 Beta ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 0