DCS 'Whole Wolrd Model"

Thread: DCS 'Whole Wolrd Model"

DCS 'Whole Wolrd Model"

Matt Wagner had announced that ED is planning on integrating a whole world map model. This is a huge step as locations to fly are the biggest draw back to DCS world. They are also working on improving the weather engine. Which is probably the 2nd biggest drawback.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

That and the world night lighting is not up to speed. I am all for this move. I thing it can open up a lot of doors for DCS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That will eliminate my and many others (I'm Sure) primary complaint with the sim.

My Poor Hard Drive

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    My Poor Hard Drive
    LMAO! I hear ya.

This, in my opinion, is some great news indeed! Agree world map is need as is night lighting and weather. Great news indeed!
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's great news. I do wonder how big it's going to be though, if it's going to be at the same quality as the terrain's already available, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. This could open up DCS as a simulator to compete with P3D.

Ian

Not that I am against this at all, but I have never had an issue with the limitation of existing terrains. I mainly see DCS World as an aircraft/combat simulator and there is so much depth to the systems and flight dynamics for me to not even pay attention to the terrain I am flying over. That being said, I don't use DCS nearly as much as I want to due to time limitations, so that is probably the reason I haven't become sick of the terrains we have yet. I've only loaded up the Persian Gulf once, despite purchasing it through early access.

I may need a separate hard drive for DCS World too. In fact I most likely will need one.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

As to the "Size" issue, maybe the developers should emulate the method that X-Plane uses. Download only the scenery areas that you want or need.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Not that I am against this at all, but I have never had an issue with the limitation of existing terrains. I mainly see DCS World as an aircraft/combat simulator and there is so much depth to the systems and flight dynamics for me to not even pay attention to the terrain I am flying over.
    The main advantage for me is that they finally will get rid of the awful and bugged grid-magnetic-true-north mix due to the flat world model.

While I welcome the whole world. Honestly, I have no problem with the maps. Especially since my primary flight area even in P3D is the NTTR. I would like to see a detailed historical Korean theater scenery.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 0