Breguet XIV.B2_Nr.4231_Br.132_Aug18 by Ravenna!

Thread: Breguet XIV.B2_Nr.4231_Br.132_Aug18 by Ravenna!

Breguet XIV.B2_Nr.4231_Br.132_Aug18 by Ravenna!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: This Breguet XIV is the original work of Emmanuel Geffroy. I have tried several times over the past month to contact Emmanuel but have had no success.

The aircraft as modeled was an A2 variant, however I have given her a repaint inclusive of the visible features of the B2 variant. The primary difference, however was the engine upgrade. The B2 variant was given a Renault 12Fe rated at 300 HP which made no difference to the fuselage dimensions.

I have included the original texture folder.

The DP was altered to include bombs and racks by John Fortin. These can be found at the Freeflight site. The racks and bombs were placed by Roxane21. Thanks Roxane21!

The gun triggers have been altered so that the primary trigger fires the forward gun and the secondary trigger operates the rear guns.

The repaint represents Nr.4231 assigned to Captain Jean-Francois Jannekeyn. His gunner was Sous-Lt. Eugene Weismann. During August and September of 1918 this pair was credited with the destruction of 5 Fokker fighters. and a good deal of railway infrastructure.

Enjoy!

Ravenna

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Breguet XIV.B2_Nr.4231_Br.132_Aug18.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

That's a nice surprise guys! Thank you.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Great work

What a pleasant surprise - thank you SO much. We really lack WW1 planes. Somebody who can create a French period campaign?
    Finn

What really interested me about these two men was that they were very different, but their experiences together had a lifelong impact.

Their lives took very different paths, but the trajectory of their lives was in a way a reflection of the social forces at work up to the fall of France in 1940.

BTW, I was really taken with the pennant, but nearly went cross-eyed cutting it out.

Icon22 Reply...

Ravenna,

What an interesting read, thank you for sharing the story and your talents!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Oops!

Forgot to mention that Roxane-21 also removed the original crew figures with the alpha channel. Thanks Matt.

You're welcome. And also Nice work on the skin.

Members who have read this thread: 0