Info for Ravenna

Thread: Info for Ravenna

Info for Ravenna

She Has a Bomb Bay.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sakken bombay.jpg  

Many Thanks

Looking great. So sorry for the problems you have had getting the attachment past my server.. I have now set up a Dropbox account and have sent you the link.
    I know there are a few people waiting for this large lady. I'm just wondering whether we have a field long enough for take off!

I have called in the bomb squad and they are working on the problem.

Just a mock up for now. Some crew figures needed, then working out the room for two rear gunners in a fairly snug enclosure. I've never placed two rear gunners before so its back to Caleb Flerk

Do we need the FS2004 bombs removed? Since they're internal there is probably not much need.

This link from KDriver shows off the Staaken's engines and the engineer's nonechelant walk across the wing!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzYsgDaCZe0

Hi Revenna,

Well the boys had success. I will send you the no-bombs MDL and you can decide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgone.jpg  

Library Staff
    Hi B24Guy,

Thanks very much for doing the conversion and modifications, since I was the one who put Ravenna up to this, while he was working on a number of other WW1 projects.

By the way, I have a conversion by you, OldWheat and BloodHawk of Stuart Green's excellent Caudron G.IV. Did you upload this aircraft?

Cheers,

Kevin

Thanks Scott....that looks like it will be the definitive version. You have done a great job with this. The animations are outstanding, especially the exposed engine. The crew member sitting in the nacelle must have ended up with industrial deafness.
    Kevin, the Caudron is a very good idea. The reply I got from Stuart Green indicated that he was happy for his stuff to be converted and uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi B24Guy,

Thanks very much for doing the conversion and modifications, since I was the one who put Ravenna up to this, while he was working on a number of other WW1 projects.

By the way, I have a conversion by you, OldWheat and BloodHawk of Stuart Green's excellent Caudron G.IV. Did you upload this aircraft?

Cheers,

Kevin
    Hi Kevin,
    I think I did work on it. I think I then sent it to OldWheat for finishing.
    Been awhile though.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Thanks Scott....that looks like it will be the definitive version. You have done a great job with this. The animations are outstanding, especially the exposed engine. The crew member sitting in the nacelle must have ended up with industrial deafness.
    Kevin, the Caudron is a very good idea. The reply I got from Stuart Green indicated that he was happy for his stuff to be converted and uploaded.
    Hi Ravenna,
    It is interesting what animations convert and witch ones don't. Luck would have it that the engine animations converted.
    What was strange was that the rudder and elevator had to be fixed.

If you want to change the crash bubble open the MDL with a hex edit program and change the hex value found at address 501c.

Glad you like it.

B24Guy

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Kevin,
    I think I did work on it. I think I then sent it to OldWheat for finishing.
    Been awhile though.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Hi B24Guy,

If it's OK with OldWheat and you, do you mind if Michael or I upload it under either of your names. I sent it to Michael for testing. I found the aircraft performed perfectly.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
    I must have worked on it because I still have the SCA file.
    I'm fine if you upload it under anyone's name.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Hi Kevin,
    I haven't flown the Caudron since well before John Fortin made his excellent WW1 bombs. Just had a look at the DP I have and it needs a bit of work.
    Would you like to upload the Caudron with acknowledgement to the heavy lifting done by Scott and Oldwheat.
    Diverging a bit here, has anyone created a WW1 UIRES and country.cfg that includes all the major combatants? There was a thread on this started by Bearcat.

Library Staff
    Hi Michael,

I think we should get the Caudron's DP sorted out along with the Staaken's DP and probably its aircraft.cfg file as well. We need to be able to take off with a bomb load.

I've replaced some of the Staaken's FS2004 gauges with CFS2 compatible ones from other WW1 German aircraft including the Gothas. I'm presently looking for a nautical style compass on a gimbal.

A few of the Caudron's gauges also need to be replaced by CFS2 ones.

These two aircraft will be magnificent additions to the CFS2 WW1 hangar.

Kevin

Working on the Staaken DP but having a bit of trouble with the 2 rear gunstations. I don't think I'm understanding the "up down left right" numbers before the last number (weapon weight). Are the numbers/ degrees measured from the centreline of the aircraft along an axis passing through "0,0", and do the measurements go clockwise from nose to tail to nose around 360 degrees, using planform for "left, right" and profile for "up, down"?
    I hope this makes sense.

Hi Ravenna,

Are you using DP edit?

Regards,
    B24Guy

I'm not using DP edit. On my old XP rig I used it to place crew and weapons etc., but I haven't used it since windows 10. I will install it but I'm still unsure about the way to offset the firing of the left and right rear gunners.
    Off to have a look at the DPs in comparable aircraft.

Hi Ravenna,

I am using DP Edit on win7 pro. I would think it would work on 10.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Thanks B24Guy,
    I've just had my first look and it has trawled up some things long forgotten. For now I'm still trying to understand the determination of the 7 gunstation entries before the last entry. The first 3 of those 7 entries are for pitch, bank and yaw measured in degrees, but are those measurements plus or minus as per the aircraft's XYZ coordinates or are they measured on each axis as an angle out of 360 degrees? Does this question make sense?!
    Cheers,
    Ravenna

Hi Ravenna,
    Those entry's are Pitch, Bank, L/R angle, (then comes Swivel Limit) Left, Right, up, Down
    All entry's are in degrees. IE if you want the gun to fire to the rear set L/R Angle to 180
    The last entry is weight.

Hope this helps
    B24Guy

Hi Ravenna,
    Those entry's are Pitch, Bank, L/R angle, (then comes Swivel Limit) Left, Right, up, Down
    All entry's are in degrees. IE if you want the gun to fire to the rear set L/R Angle to 180
    The last entry is weight.

Hope this helps
    B24Guy
    So "L/R angle" is measured up to 180 degrees on each side, with stbd being "+" and port being "-" ?
    My confusion was whether each angle is positive for starboard and negative for port, or whether a port firing gun had an angle greater than 180 degrees.

Hi Ravenna,
    Here is the rear gun entry on the TBD

; Tail Gun
    gunstation.1=0,57,2,0.08,839,2,0.01,500,2,40,1d1*1 4,0,0.8,-2.55,-10,0,178,-60,60,80,-10,1.6

L/R Angle is from 0 to 360 180 and -180 I think will work as well.
    swivel is Left -60 right 60 up 80 down -10

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

Hi Ravenna,
    Here is the rear gun entry on the TBD

; Tail Gun
    gunstation.1=0,57,2,0.08,839,2,0.01,500,2,40,1d1*1 4,0,0.8,-2.55,-10,0,178,-60,60,80,-10,1.6

L/R Angle is from 0 to 360 180 and -180 I think will work as well.
    swivel is Left -60 right 60 up 80 down -10

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy
    Thanks Scott. That was a big help.

Members who have read this thread: 0